RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
There is also a no reservoir mod. Cut the line put a snug bolt in the end and hose clamp it. I left a little room above the fluid level.
Any braking issues with this set up? It seems like a simple no nonsense way to keep a clean look.

·
Premium Member
10,729 Posts
I didn't have any issues and could still lock it up if needed. I used it until I got my forward controls. I didn't even need to bleed them while doing it. I cut the line and kept it up right and pushed the new clean bolt in the line to squeeze out some fluid. Then took it out and let out just a littl more for expansion and sealed it up. I zip-tied it upright as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't have any issues and could still lock it up if needed. I used it until I got my forward controls. I didn't even need to bleed them while doing it. I cut the line and kept it up right and pushed the new clean bolt in the line to squeeze out some fluid. Then took it out and let out just a littl more for expansion and sealed it up. I zip-tied it upright as well.
Wait, is this for real? This would be perfect if its not a joke. I ask because I'm not the most knowledgable person.

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
On this bike and for the rear only, it works although I don't know anyone who went for years and years that way (but some might chime-in). When fluid gets low its a challenge to top-off, and complete brake-fluid-changes seem impossible but I have not done this, there might be tricks. I'm glad my exhaust came with a good relocation bracket for the rear master cylinder. I like seeing the fluid level and color.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On this bike and for the rear only, it works although I don't know anyone who went for years and years that way (but some might chime-in). When fluid gets low its a challenge to top-off, and complete brake-fluid-changes seem impossible but I have not done this, there might be tricks. I'm glad my exhaust came with a good relocation bracket for the rear master cylinder. I like seeing the fluid level and color.
Yea I've see people put the reservoir by the battery but I really don't want to do that. I've seen a barrons kit to move it but I cant find anyone that's done it so that must be for a different bike. I hate where it is and I want to move it but not if its going to damage anything.

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
I've seen it done on both the Front & Rear Brakes over the years on this site. It's just necessary to replenish the Brake Fluid as the Brake Pads wear. As stated you need to allow space for the brake fluid to expand else the brakes can possibly self-energize. Some members have used a vented plug. The downside to venting is that the fluid isn't isolated from atmosphere and will absorb moisture, BUT IT DOES WORK ;)
The front standing reservoir hose has been used successfully when adding an R1 Radial Master Cylinder/Pump!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts