RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 warrior that needs a new back fender. One of the previous owners beat it. I am going to re-paint the bike, I just don't want to spend the time bondoing the crap out of the fender. I might get my hands on a fender off of an 05 warrior. However, I know that the 05 fender will only fit the newer model seat and not my 02 seat. I could just drill new holes and make it fit my seat(although I don't want to), but my question is... If I were to get an 04-08 model seat would the front seat still fit and lock in like normal? Will the newer model seats fit all warriors? Has anyone swapped out the old stock seats for a newer model seat? Or even for an aftermarket seat made to fit the 04-06 models. What works and what doesn't for my situation? I might look into getting mustang seat or just the stock seat off an 04-08 warrior. I'm not sure yet. But before I buy this new fender I want to find out if it will work out for me. I'm looking at my options trying to find out what will work. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
28,805 Posts
The rear fender fastener locations are different than the 02 also. The fender stays are the same but they mount a hint different, as does the tail light hangar bracket. There were several changes when the twin-seat came into being. Its possible to modify a seat to fit - search for 'seat mod' or '02 seat on newer' you should get some hits. Also try: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/16547/103926.aspx#103926

DrummerFan3 said:
I have an 02 warrior that needs a new back fender. One of the previous owners beat it. I am going to re-paint the bike, I just don't want to spend the time bondoing the crap out of the fender. I might get my hands on a fender off of an 05 warrior. However, I know that the 05 fender will only fit the newer model seat and not my 02 seat. I could just drill new holes and make it fit my seat(although I don't want to), but my question is... If I were to get an 04-08 model seat would the front seat still fit and lock in like normal? Will the newer model seats fit all warriors? Has anyone swapped out the old stock seats for a newer model seat? Or even for an aftermarket seat made to fit the 04-06 models. What works and what doesn't for my situation? I might look into getting mustang seat or just the stock seat off an 04-08 warrior. I'm not sure yet. But before I buy this new fender I want to find out if it will work out for me. I'm looking at my options trying to find out what will work. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts