RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
Joined
·
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I have just about everything off of my bike I am cleaning up some wires and wire routing to make everything look nice, neat and clean.


The hoses that come out of our gas tant on the left side just run down the frame rail and dump to the ground. One hose goes to this (dead center in pic):





















































It is a one way valve (Yes I blew into it
) But what does it prevent? Flow allowed is away from the tank and not back into it. Could someone enlighten me as to what the need is for this? I would like to not use it at all and take it off the bike.Ilost my service manual pdf file because I had to re-install my OS to my laptop cause it took a sh*t Saturday. Thanks for the help guys.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,461 Posts
it's called a rollover valve. think it keeps gas from spilling if you dump it. don't ever want to find out. i put mine behind the scoop on the left side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,726 Posts
I think it is there for when you fill your tank full on a hot day, and the heat causes the gas to expand. It lets the gas out when it expands. (insert fart joke here)


My guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,211 Posts
I had to go look, but mines gone Hasn't presented a problem in the hot Kentucky summers.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,922 Posts
its a vent for the fuel tank, if you remove it dont overfill your tank especially on a hot day otherwise the fuel will pour out on a hot engine and result in a possible fire. i pulled mine off my 02 and never had a problem however rerouting it would be the better solution
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,211 Posts
southboundchicken said:
its a vent for the fuel tank, if you remove it dont overfill your tank especially on a hot day otherwise the fuel will pour out on a hot engine and result in a possible fire. i pulled mine off my 02 and never had a problem however rerouting it would be the better solution

My line runs back and down in out in front of the tire. I fill my tankto the max everytime and have never had a spill. I must be lucky or something.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
943 Posts
Removed mine years ago. Had it overflow a little once on a hot day after a fill up but was not a big deal. Other than that no problems at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,922 Posts
HURD said:
southboundchicken said:
its a vent for the fuel tank, if you remove it dont overfill your tank especially on a hot day otherwise the fuel will pour out on a hot engine and result in a possible fire. i pulled mine off my 02 and never had a problem however rerouting it would be the better solution

My line runs back and down in out in front of the tire. I fill my tankto the max everytime and have never had a spill. I must be lucky or something.




you and me both, i personally have never had mine over flow but also have also personally seen another warrior spit up so much fuel from an over filled tank that had it poured over the motor it might have been a bad day day for one warrior rider
..... most likely this thing was brought on by some ambulance chasing lawyer and is probably over kill as long as you excercise some caution but re-routing down the back of the bike so you dont see it would be best as opposed to complete removal
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
7,301 Posts
How can you overfill your tank? Even if you fill the tank while the bike is vertical and level, even to the point where fuel is pouring out of the fill hole, there is still air in the top of the tank. no? I guess because my valve is in place ive never noticed it but I fill to the point that fuel is a mm or 2 above the fill hole plate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,726 Posts
RobRiguez said:
How can you overfill your tank? Even if you fill the tank while the bike is vertical and level, even to the point where fuel is pouring out of the fill hole, there is still air in the top of the tank. no? I guess because my valve is in place ive never noticed it but I fill to the point that fuel is a mm or 2 above the fill hole plate.




It's not that you over fill the tank, it's the expansion of the gas/vapors caused by high temps. I noticed a few drops below the line one evening after filling up the tank and letting the bike sit in the vegas sun for a few summer hours.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
4,401 Posts
Throw it out casey...i dunno, these guys must not do it like us....tire smokin burnouts outta the gas pumps, that top off gas is through the pipes within a quarter mile.. :)
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate it. I will be figuring something out to re-route the hose, but that valve is going in the circular file.


parkinglot said:
Throw it out casey...i dunno, these guys must not do it like us....tire smokin burnouts outta the gas pumps, that top off gas is through the pipes within a quarter mile.. :)




You got that right!!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top