RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Daughter in law presented me with a cd the other day. This was taken on our trip back from San Diego a few years ago. I knew they were following but I didn't know they were filming.

It was a 1200 mile trip so I had the car tire on... Watch for the Turkey at 2 minutes OK it's not at two minutes... more like 50 seconds.
Jimmy (the driver)calls it an Ostrich
Other voices are Rachel (camera grip), Ashly (7 year old commentary), and Steven (the sick one).

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Looks like a nice ride ! I am one of those leary of car tire on the bike ...but you seem to be able to ride it!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
That was just a hen turkey, but it still would have been a mess if he has hit it. It did look like a fun road to ride on. Just a quick question, how much air pressure are you running in your rear car tire? I only ask because I would have thought it would have lifted onto the edges more than the video shows.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
INFIDEL said:
I think it was around the 50 sec mark.
Well, that explains it, as i fast fwd'd to 1:45..... i've hadmanyclose calls with turkeys and deer coming out on me while living in MI and hit a couple of Partridge in flight at lower speeds.

[*]A turkey in flight is like a small dragon
[/list]

·
Registered
787 Posts
AlanH said:
A turkey in flight is like a small dragon

LMFAO... Thats funny as ****. About 2 years ago on my way to work I hit a deer, actually it hit me. It jumped into the side of my truck right at the windshield. I almost crapped my pants. I cant imagine that happening in a bike. I would have been the road kill.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry Alan, Infadel found the turkey at 50 seconds.

Allsmiles, 34psi give or take. And yes it was a skinny little hen.

·
Banned
1,864 Posts
We see them all the time in the county. And coyotes and Bobcats and if you know where to go buffalo and camels.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts