RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES ANYBODY IN HERE KNOWN ANYTHING ABOUT THE COBRA SLIP-ON MEGAPHONE PIPE? IS IT TRUE THAT THE PCIII IS NOT NEEDED TO RUN THIS PARTICULIAR SLIP-ON? IVE ALSO HEARD THAT THIS ONE WONT BLUE EITHER WITHOUT THE PCIII? TRUE?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes it's true. I've had a cobra megaphone on my bike for about 6 months now, I haven't used a PC III and I ride the bike every day. (quite hard I might add) No bluing of the pipes or the slip on and no adverse effects to the motor, unless you count a noticable horsepower increase and a great sound. I may be wrong but I think alot of dealers advise to add the PC III just to sell another expensive item, everyone then thinks you need one and hey presto you have an urban myth that everone starts to believe. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm running the Cobra Slip-on too, but I also bought their DFO since I also added a BAK at the same time. You could do without the DFO and just change the settings in your ECU, but the DFO makes it easier to make changes on the fly. The slip-on sounds great and my neighbors like me once again since the pipe isn't really loud until you crank the throttle open.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've run the cobra slipon for two years and 15k miles. No problems, just looks great and has outstanding sound. But I'm box stock. Churchkey assures me with his BAK I don't have to make any changes, Possibly adjust the ecu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts