RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a good looking tank bag suitable for a day trip, or going to work. Something that could at least fit a rainsuit, gloves, lunch, and small items like cell phone, etc. The Joe Rocket Mantra looks ok, but is too small, the Icon Urban looks too big, and the smaller Icon (can't remember the name) might be too small (I know, I'm hard to please).

Came across this while searching the net, anyone have one or know anything about it??

Insert Image:

18.45KB

·
Registered
194 Posts
i use the large icon,well built lots of room, but i throw on the tail, has never come off, just use the 4 magnets, it does shift a little when i overstuff and get it top heavy

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
I use this one from Yamaha. I like it! I've had it for 3 years and it still performs like new. It expands for add'l storage if needed. I recommend it!

Insert Image:

13.94 KB

Insert Image:

76.43 KB

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hmmm... I think I like it. You might want to try cruising around sportbike forums since this is marketed for that crowd. I wish their site would give more details about the magnetic mount option and show some interior shots. Chase Harper is a good name and that intro price seems like a good deal. Though I'm not seeing a satisfaction guaranteed disclaimer on their site.

I say go for it and... uh... let us know if it was worth it. [8D]

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I use the big CORTECH and really like it. 6 magenets, they will zip off, plus a safety strap, removeable map pouch, it expands if needed, shoulder straps, 3 small pockets on th eoutside and it comes with a raincover. Very well made, I highly recommend it. I looked at the smaller CORTECH, also nice, but I wanted more storage.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I used to use the Yamaha tankbag, but after about a year and several long trips, it completely ripped apart. I just bought a teknic deluxe tankbag, which is actually two seperate bags zipped together. There are several different options depending on how much room you need. It looks like it will be pretty good. The only problem with the teknic bag is that it does not come with a magnet mount. Had to buy the optional mount for $40.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What Metrick Said!

quote:Originally posted by metrickkruzer

I use this one from Yamaha. I like it! I've had it for 3 years and it still performs like new. It expands for add'l storage if needed. I recommend it!

Insert Image:

13.94 KB

Insert Image:

76.43 KB

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I have a tank bag made by OXFORD, expandable, 3 good size side pockets, good size magnetic flaps, holds a quite a bit of stuff, I like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts