RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't heard if anyone has gotten parts, or when they might come in. I'm not really worried about transmission, more excited about new pistons. If anyone know release dates do tell.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
My recall is scheduled for the 2nd of February, the kit will be in this week. They have already done 2 recalls on the XV16's. This particular dealership will do any mods as long as I purchase the parts from them OE or Aftermarket. No parts can be brought in. They should have a list of options on Monday or Tuesday. I have already opted to upgrade the clutch spring and swap the plastic oil pump gear to a metal one.

I have not recieved my letter yet, the dealer said it does not matter. Any affected bike in his possesion must me repaired, So I booked it as an oil change.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My dealer just received the info off their computer yesterday (Friday) about the recall. Total parts cost is 81 and change. Said it calls for 9 hours labor. Cha-ching. They ordered several kits and expect them in next week. They also will do as DNGrumpy says ref the mods. You just need to realize it's not as easy as just slapping new parts in. There is some prep work such as checking tolerances of pistons and cyclinders etc. in order to insure a quality job, which may lead to additional work having to be done. May want to read some of the advice Rob Hughes has posted on this topic. Just something to keep in mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts