RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i have a newbie question... I want to do the 600 mi. service myself but i want to make sure i dont miss anything. Do you have to change the transfer case oil on this service and if so how do you do that. I read the thread on changing the oil and it seems easy enough i just want to make sure that i do everything i am supposed to.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Towards the back of the owner's manual, there are a few pages dedicated to the servicing. You'll find a dot in the row of each item that needs to be serviced, per the specified intervals (columns).

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Phatty

Do you have to change the transfer case oil on this service
Could somebody please answer this question. I already put synth oil in myself and if they are going to change it at the 600 mile service I want to bring them the synth oil.
I do believe that having the stealer do the 600 mile check is required to maintain the warranty.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yes, you have to change the transfer case & engine oil for the removal of metal particles.Assembly @ the factory can introduce just about any foreign matter & there will be wear from metal to metal contact.As far as voiding the warranty, I never read or heard that.If you keep receipts for proof that you bought the oil & filter that should be sufficient.I would not let the stealership change either oil or anything you can do yourself except recalls unless you know the mechanic & you know he will be doing the service.Otherwise, they will probably keep your synthetic oil for their bike & use the cheap oil in yours IMHO.The PDF service manual for the newer guys is available here>http://www.paulmilner.com/yamaha/handbuch/handbuch.htm#warrior

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I hope you guys got owner's manuals with your bikes. If not, that and a service manual would be highly recommended.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I agree with BusaMan,I havent seen or heard anything that says you must take it to the steeler ship for maintance.I have done all my own maintance.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If dealer service is required to maintain the warranty, it must be provided free of charge. I believe that is a federal law (ruling?).
This is the usual answer to any questions such as: "Do I need to use factory specific (Yammi, H-D, whatever) oil or parts to maintain my warranty?"
You must use "equivalent quality" parts, but are not required to use brand specific. This would also apply to technical expertise. If you are a qualified (i.e. can demonstrate you have "xx" number of years mechanical / vehicle maintenance experience, etc.) you can do all your own service.
Just keep records and reciepts, as mentioned before, in case you need them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts