RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I removed the AIS elbows and took them to a small engineering shop near here. Had them cut of the elbows flush with the plates and then they welded up the
hole in each plate with stainless welding. Then they smoothed it all out nice and shiny and flat. This afternoon I installed them with the original stock gaskets. It was a breeze, took me all of 20 minutes and I was ready to ride. Started right up and went for a quick ride. Everything just fine. Actually the whole job from start to finish was very easy in retrospect.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So yesterday I removed the AIS elbows and took them to a small engineering shop near here. Had them cut of the elbows flush with the plates and then they welded up the
hole in each plate with stainless welding. Then they smoothed it all out nice and shiny and flat. This afternoon I installed them with the original stock gaskets. It was a breeze, took me all of 20 minutes and I was ready to ride. Started right up and went for a quick ride. Everything just fine. Actually the whole job from start to finish was very easy in retrospect.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
What did they charge you? I'm just wondering how it compares to buying block off plates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They charged me Rand 50 which converted to US dollars is USD 3-50 for both pieces.

·
Super Moderator
802 Posts
I haven’t got that keen yet, though the hoses have been closed off with a ball bearing by the mechanic who fitted and tuned the Power Commander.

My intention was to use the plates and just trace out some new blanking plates out of 4mm aluminium plate, drill the bolt holes ... but like I said .. I haven’t bothered ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts