RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, I mean no disrespect to anyone, obviously I love this forum. But here's my question, can we relax a little on getting on newbies for not using the search option and just answer the questions for them? I know when I was new I got hit with that a few times and still do occasionally, but the thing is when we actually answer in a thread, some new ideas or opinions are always expressed that we might not get to hear otherwise. Besides, sooner or later the only new stuff left to talk about will be your ride for that day and no technical discussions, it will all have been said already.
I hope the moderators don't take this the wrong way, I personally just like the input from everyone here and its that spirit that keeps the forum fresh. I said my peace, now hand me my beating! [B)][/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I answer the same questions over and over, I don't mind. Some people get annoyed some don't, my recent post in the FAQ section shows that I don't get annoyed. It can be frustrating though, I guess it is what it is.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
SAme as Lawman. I always answer the question, if I can. I rememeber when I first joined and knew nothing. I was afraid to ask. (the only dumb question is the one not asked)

sodark - your butt is going to hurt. I don't think the mods jump on the newbe's as much as some members.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Why would any of you "Veteran Forum" member's not suggest not using the "Search Option"? There is more information in our history than there will ever be in our future....I constantly use the Search Feature to reserach past discusssion's that has ton's of great and very informative topics, advise and or facts. When a Newbie ask a question pertaining to "OIL" he is pretty much repeating a subject that we have covered more than enough. There is tons of information, opinion's, data collected in our history. You are wrong to ask anyone one of us not to suggest to a new forum member to "Please use the Search Feature" they might not know that it exist. We point them in that direction for a reason, "KNOWLEDGE" in our History. It is a very valuable asset to our new members and should always be pointed out when a repeat question is asked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts