RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it looks much better but what else does it affect? Seems like a pad change or check would require a wheel removal or no?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pad life is effected. Its a little harder to inspect and service. Looks awesome.
Well that doesn't seem to bad. You can rotate it up and then inspect right? Or do you have to loosen the axle nut? Just looking for what to expect

·
Premium Member
8,896 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,912 Posts
I I usually replace my 250 Avon once a year

And that when I check pads , but usually i can do 2 tire changes by the time I replace pads...

Looks good ...

To check pads just unbolt the caliper bolt
Loosen axle nut n rotate up...

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perfect that is what I was wondering. To get to my axle nut I have to remove the heat shield on my upper exhaust which usually takes me 30 - 60 minutes to remove and put back on because the clamps suckkkkk.

Alan that is an awesome windowed bracket! You made it yourself?

·
Premium Member
8,896 Posts
Perfect that is what I was wondering. To get to my axle nut I have to remove the heat shield on my upper exhaust which usually takes me 30 - 60 minutes to remove and put back on because the clamps suckkkkk.

Alan that is an awesome windowed bracket! You made it yourself?

Yes ... I did the machining for the windowed caliper bracket.
You can get creative and fabricate an off-set wrench for the rear axle nut too! Perhaps not like mine but using a box wrench and square socket etcetera and a bit of welding. If you do a forum search it's possible the photos are still hosted.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Nice work on the chromed and windowed caliper 👍

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't have a hidden caliper, but I may have read that you can't do a brake bleeding, unless you rotate it to normal.
Interesting I wonder why. Unless the tools can't fit properly maybe.

·
Premium Member
8,896 Posts
Interesting I wonder why. Unless the tools can't fit properly maybe.

The Bleeder Screw Orifice in the caliper body must be pointing in a Vertical Position to remove the entrapped air in the brake system as shown in my OP! :)
  • With the hidden caliper mod you'll need to loosen the rear axle nut and rotate the caliper body & bracket in the As-Built position provided you have adequate slack in the brake hose. Else, remove the caliper from the bracket, block and bleed as req'd!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Bleeder Screw Orifice in the caliper body must be pointing in a Vertical Position to remove the entrapped air in the brake system as shown in my OP! :)
  • With the hidden caliper mod you'll need to loosen the rear axle nut and rotate the caliper body & bracket in the As-Built position provided you have adequate slack in the brake hose. Else, remove the caliper from the bracket, block and bleed as req'd!
Interesting stuff thanks Alan!

·
Administrator
28,947 Posts
Quick advanced search yields threads with pictures here is one as Ref:

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
I might go the way you did Alan, the hidden caliper was a pain in the butt for me. I even shimmed my wheel over some to get more brake clearance and extended the mounting tab but my brakes made a loud growling sound when stopping so i went back to stock for now.

Reactions: Chomorro

·
Premium Member
8,896 Posts
^^^
Guy ... I did this MOD before the hidden caliper bracket became popular. I used a 3/8" table mounted drill press, HD compact saber saw and a Dremel tool for the finishing touches to the window.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts