RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well ... A piece of my experience. After installing a hidden caliper and new rear pads, I rided about 27-28 thousand kilometers. Didn't know any problems. Absolutely. The day before yesterday I discovered this:

I remembered this topic yestoday, because:

In my case, the life of the pads suffered by 5-10%. And I'm happy! Not seeing the caliper is cool!)))

·
Super Moderator
2,824 Posts
Well ... A piece of my experience. After installing a hidden caliper and new rear pads, I rided about 27-28 thousand kilometers. Didn't know any problems. Absolutely. The day before yesterday I discovered this:

I remembered this topic yestoday, because:

In my case, the life of the pads suffered by 5-10%. And I'm happy! Not seeing the caliper is cool!)))
So did your rotors and pads suffer more then usuall?
I see the outer edge has burnt and you say you pads suffered.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes. Pads resource loss was 10% of my practice.

The edge of the disc was rubbed by the indicative pin of the pad. This is usually audible. But in my case, there was no sound.

I noticed by the color that it's time to change the pads.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I think it's interesting that so many people leave the rotor cover on. Just removed mine and I think it looks pretty cool. Does the cover have any functionality?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes, it's a heatsink though many have removed it.
I've replaced mine with a 1-off laser machined SS cover
That's too bad I like the way it looks without it . Guess I should put it back on hah

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
I've been running without it for yrs
And haven't had any problems...

Also have the hidden brake caliper and
No issues...

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I've been running without it for yrs
And haven't had any problems...

Also have the hidden brake caliper and
No issues...
Best endorsement I've seen yet. I'll be doing this in the near future as I'm finally going to change my exhaust and will be looking to clean up the rear wheel too.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Clean wheel MUCH better looking! But you have to check your rear pads when it became less than 1/3 of its resourse. And... you'll need little more operations and time to check the rear caliper or pads.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Talked to Kyle one thing I didn't know is the hidden caliper needs some grinding to the swingarm. So since my swingarm was done by another vendor I'm waiting to receive it and check if I have clearance. Dont want to grind it and have it re powder coated.

Just thought I would add this in case someone searches this thread.

·
Super Moderator
2,824 Posts
Talked to Kyle one thing I didn't know is the hidden caliper needs some grinding to the swingarm. So since my swingarm was done by another vendor I'm waiting to receive it and check if I have clearance. Dont want to grind it and have it re powder coated.

Just thought I would add this in case someone searches this thread.

There is an area you'd have to remove. It's not hard to do really.

Here's the area that has to be removed and cleaned up.

To get even more clearance then just removing material on the swingarm while running the hidden caliper bracket you'll want to also remove the ' holding tab ' (red arrow) for the brake line fitting on the caliper then reposition the brake line to run parallel (yellow arrow) to the caliper (my caliper in the picture is already done). If you don't then it'll end up contacting the swingarm and the rear brake won't function after some time then you'll have to go back and you this or add a new pad.

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
All I had to do was remove that brake line holding tab...

If correct when you get ur Swingarm modified that area is removed and ready to go

At least my Swingarm was

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
All I had to do was remove that brake line holding tab...

If correct when you get ur Swingarm modified that area is removed and ready to go

At least my Swingarm was

Agreed, only had nip that tab on the caliper. Honestly never even heard of having to grind the swingarm like that. My swingarm kit with hidden caliper was done by performance edge maybe they grind it
......disregard, I didn't realize we were discussing stock swingarm.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yeah I'm not sure if that area is removed or not on the modified swingarm. Will know when it gets here. I'm assuming it should be

21 - 38 of 38 Posts