RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some drag bars for cheap off a Suzuki boulevard. The measurements match up and it looks drilled for internal wiring. The seller doesnt know much about them but they do have 1" grip sections so I can transfer over my oem grips.

If the pull back seems ok I was going to try them. Only $30.

What are these black pieces at the bottom? I cant seem to find info on them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,525 Posts
Alot of metric bars cross over as long as the bolts are 100 mm or approx, 4" on center.
You can remove the black nubs.
Bars could be worth a shot.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alot of metric bars cross over as long as the bolts are 100 mm or approx, 4" on center.
You can remove the black nubs.
Bars could be worth a shot.
Thanks hefty. So it would just have the open holes on the bottom when mounted. Doesnt seem too bad a look lol

·
Administrator
28,573 Posts
Those look like mounts. Possibly for lights. But you need an exit spot for internal wiring anyway.

You need to know what diameter the mounting bolts are. They need to be the same diameter as stock Warrior to fit correctly in the top plate and not vibrate your hands numb.

You need to check carefully that the bars AND switch boxes grips everything else will NOT hit the tank at full left/right. Those look like they will be very close. The Yamaha TT bars are very close too. But they clear. Just be careful. You will have to mount the boxes and grips to verify manually. Then uninstall to internally wire.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look like mounts. Possibly for lights. But you need an exit spot for internal wiring anyway.

You need to know what diameter the mounting bolts are. They need to be the same diameter as stock Warrior to fit correctly in the top plate and not vibrate your hands numb.

You need to check carefully that the bars AND switch boxes grips everything else will NOT hit the tank at full left/right. Those look like they will be very close. The Yamaha TT bars are very close too. But they clear. Just be careful. You will have to mount the boxes and grips to verify manually. Then uninstall to internally wire.
Thanks Arizona! I plan on taking the bike there and mocking it up. It wont be exact but hopefully I can get a gauge on around where they will be at full lock

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
The only issue would be the diameter of the mounting bolts. I put a set of aftermarket warrior TT bars (forget brand) on my old Suzuki marauder800. The spacing was correct but had to drill out the tree for the larger bolts. You might have the opposite issue with the suzuki bolts being to small causing slop in the holes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only issue would be the diameter of the mounting bolts. I put a set of aftermarket warrior TT bars (forget brand) on my old Suzuki marauder800. The spacing was correct but had to drill out the tree for the larger bolts. You might have the opposite issue with the suzuki bolts being to small causing slop in the holes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Well that's sounds like it's not worth the trouble l. I would rather not drill things out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts