RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I'm new to the site and have many questions. First of all I am kicking around the possibility of going from stock handle bars to drag style bars. But I need to know if I can reuse the stock cables or do I need to replace with aftermarket cables? Also would the drag style bars change the handling of the bike drasticly or slightly. Oh, by the way Its an 05 Warrior.Can anyone advise?

·
Registered
35 Posts
How do those bars feel compared to the stock bars? Are they closer, farther, wider, narrower? Do the T-Bars interfere with the tach or speedometer?

This will be my next buy as well. After I get the bars I will strip all the chrome (minus the valve covers and rod tubes) to have powder/ceramic coated.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have the Barons Rad'ius drag bars and they don't interfere with the sight of either meter.7 inch rise, 7 inch pullback.Plus you can wire internally, clean! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have the Barons Radius drag bars with internal wiring. 7 inch rise and 7 inch pullback. No interference with the meters. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
kichigai said:
Welcome to the forum Yamadawg! My friend Beau323 has drag bars on his warrior. See below! Good luck with your mods!

http://rswarrior.com/photos/beau323/default.aspx

Those are 2 different risers in the pics right? I like the look of the 2nd pic, is it stock risers? Can't find contact info for bea323.

I have the Yami TT bars and love the riding position/handling, but not fond of the look anymore. Will have to sacrifice comfort for style I guess. Those flanders cafe bars are cool.

·
Administrator
29,700 Posts
The TT-Bars clear both meters. Here's the dimensional info collected on several handlebars (so far) in the Popular Mods post:

Handlebars - Stock - 2002-2003: 11-1/2" pullback 34" wide 6" rise
Handlebars - Stock - 2004-2008: 13" pullback 34" wide 5-1/2" rise
Handlebars - Warrior Bend - 2002-2008: 11-3/8" pullback, 33-3/8" wide, 6-1/2" rise
Handlebars - Barons Radius - 2002-2008: 7-1/2" pullback 33" wide 7-1/2" rise
Handlebars - Barons Bomber - 2002-2008: 5-1/2" pullback 33" wide 4-1/2" rise
Handlebars - Yamaha TT - 2002-2008: 10-1/2" pullback 34-1/4" wide 6-1/2" rise
Handlebars - Carlini Supersweeps - 2002-2008: 11-1/2" pullback 31-1/2" wide 9" rise

The Popular Mods post is in the Technical section, at the top (there's also a link to it in my signature picture below).

Jacob said:
How do those bars feel compared to the stock bars? Are they closer, farther, wider, narrower? Do the T-Bars interfere with the tach or speedometer?

This will be my next buy as well. After I get the bars I will strip all the chrome (minus the valve covers and rod tubes) to have powder/ceramic coated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank you sir. I went to the motorcycle show in Dallas a couple weeks ago hoping to see one up there that have the Yamaha TT, but they only had one completely stock and one with the 7 inch risers w/ the drag bar style.

I havent been around long enough to see any Warriors in person that had been modified to any extent. I need to hook up with some of the guys around DFW when they get together. Maybe in the spring...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm new to the forum i have a 2004 warrior and i'm looking for the same handle bars that you have on your warrior.could you give me some inf on yours. I'm also wanting to lower my warrior so an info you have would be appreciated.Can i just lower the shock.Thank you from Colorado

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Welcome Yamadawg & On the green to the greatest bunch of folks you'll ever meet!!! I posted this pic to show a few things:

1. Yamaha drag bars (painted black) 6" rise and I just put a tiny black zip tie at the bottom of the left riser to hold that fat black wad of wiring to follow the contour of the bars.

2. On the green..... this is my bike lowered with the DIY (do it yourself) flip & grind. It lowered it about 2.5inches and took me bout 35min. VERY EASY!! Didn't even have to remove the rear wheel. Also pictured is the metzler 210 on stock rim. Type "flip & grind" into the search and youshould find all the info needed.Someoneposted astep by step video of how to do it.

Pic below is an old pic to show flip & grind side view.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i like barons big radius wired internally had to enlarge the holes alittle and lengthen sum wires but looks and feels great. wider hand position so u have more leverage and control. dnt think everone has to lengthen wires but i suk so i had to lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts