RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my video posted of my run through the dragons tail. I posted it on google video but they changed the quality a bit so it's not nearly as pretty as it once was. If anyone is interested in the full quality video, it's 500 MB. PM me an FTP site and I'll upload it.

It's completely unedited so bear with me. I really didn't feel like I got into the groove until about 3 minutes into the video. Then about 5 minutes in, I really laid in hard into a corner (I think it's was where killboy was) and I hit peg mount and it messed up the camera. It pointed to my forks for a while after that. Pretty cool to see the forks working though. I finally noticed and leaned over to fix it and hit the kill switch (crap, I immediately thought my CPS went out, see how paranoid I am) but I coasted over to the side and restarted but I was really at the end then.

Oh well, pretty cool angle for the camera. It's a casio 7.2 MP digital camera that takes VHS quality video. I have the 3 inch extension on my front pegs and I've relocated my horn, brake switch and rear brake spring so I mounted the camera in that empty area with a cargo net. Worked pretty good I think.

check it out,

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1402048919599787094

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, my friends were on a VMAX and a Suzuki Bandit 1200 and they choose not to try and stay with me...Made me feel good!

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Great camera angle!! Very nice video indeed.

That video should be enough to show almost any twisty rider the poor action of the stock forks. Cruise, are you watching this one??? Think R1 forks before you go spend the money on that shock and you'll be much happier!!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
cool vid that angle is a new one never seen the bottums of the pegs must of been toast after that run.reminder to self put on old pegs before riding dragon [^]

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by DFW_Warrior

Great camera angle!! Very nice video indeed.

That video should be enough to show almost any twisty rider the poor action of the stock forks. Cruise, are you watching this one??? Think R1 forks before you go spend the money on that shock and you'll be much happier!!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Help me with that...the R1 forks don't allow so much travel, or stiffer? I was amazed at how soft they seemed when you saw them working from that angle. BUT, I am 6'4" and 280 so that can't help.

Yeah, I'm half way to having a set of pegs like XHarleyRdr (my hero) but I realize his look like that after LIFTING his bike so I have a long way to go to catch him. The peg feeler on the right is gone and on the left so is about half an inch of the peg. Guess I'm harder into the lefts....oh what fun it is!

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
condrons, the R1 forks are not exactly stiffer, but better controlled than the stock Warrior forks. Instead of just spring preload like the Warrior forks, the R1's have adjustable compression and rebound damping as well as the spring preload. This helps keep the front end up in turns when the stock front end would want to compress and wallow out the bike. It really has less to do with the handling of the bike, because at slower speeds (55 mph and down) the Warrior forks are still really stable. But it will keep the front end a LOT higher in the stroke of the forks which will help out the already poor ground clearance of the Warrior.

Now when you get up to 90 mph sweepers and your pegs are touching down, the R1 forks are a Godsend. The difference between the Warrior legs and the R1's is night and day.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Cool Video Ken, Thanks for sharing, I would think the a stiffer set of springs and a revalve in the fork might be in order. Do the R1 forks have adjustable damping?

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Jon_Cocktoastel

Cool Video Ken, Thanks for sharing, I would think the a stiffer set of springs and a revalve in the fork might be in order. Do the R1 forks have adjustable damping?

Yes, they are fully adjustable. By the time you buy new springs and send your forks in for adjustment you will almost be up to the cost of R1 forks. You can find them on ebay for less than $200 if you look hard enough. Plus with the R1 forks, I can soften them up for the freeway ride to the twisties and then give them a couple of clicks to stiffen them up once I get to the good roads.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
That was very nice, great angle! Scrape, scraape.....ssccrraaappe..
ssscccrrrraaaaaapppppeeee......fun ! ! ! [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts