RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a chrome belt drive pulley cover from Yamaha but where do the bolts thread into? The holes on the pulley cover aren't threaded the bolts would just fly out. Any help here?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am assuming your are talking about the inner cover. I have one, and I thought it bolted onto a mounting plate which sits under the nut. Be sure to check your lock washer, I intalled a new just to be safe.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This is everything I received. Am I missing something? Also it's not gold, it just looks that way in the pic for some reason.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I hope someone else can jump in here. I can't see the pictures here at the office. I have the pulley cover and the housing. I am pretty sure there is a piece that the pulley cover bolts on to that is secured by the existing nut.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
imevh2 said:
Just got a chrome belt drive pulley cover from Yamaha but where do the bolts thread into? The holes on the pulley cover aren't threaded the bolts would just fly out. Any help here?
If you have what i have, there isonly 1-bolt on the inside of the Drive Pulley Cover. The 6-screws are for looks

·
Registered
282 Posts
Alan, does he picture the brass mounting plate above? Isn't there a piece that the pulleycover bolts on to that sits behind the pulley nut?

The cover spins with the pulley.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This won't spin with the pulley, it bolts on the bracket from behind and uses both rubber inserts. the six allen bolts that go along with it just sit in the holes and I'm wondering if there's something missing

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just installed mine last night it took all of 5 min. My allen screws were already mounted in the cover. The cover I got came from yamaha catalog. T he cover does not spin on mine, it is held in place buy one bolt from back of outer drive cover. Take a picture of the back side and post.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just went to check mine, the cover already was tapped for the allen screws. Glad I checked they need to be snugged up.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When you put your cover on, did you replace the whole assembly, including the one that the cover bolts to or did you just bolt the billet cover on the stock piece? I know that sounds vague, but the yammi site doesn't seem to just sell the cover, they sell the whole assembly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
On the stock drive cover you remove 6 allen bolts remove the cover , on the back side there is a 10mm bolt remove bolt the center piece will come out. There are 2 rubber gaskets leave in place put in new billet cover and secure with same 10mm bolt. Install whole assembly and install same 6 allen bolts. The yammi catalog which I have, has Billet drive pulley covers or Billet drive pulley case set. You have the cover and that is what I have, the differencein your cover is that the decortive allen bolts are loose, mine were installed. You may have a defective part. The cover should have been thread tapped for the allen bolts. Hope this helps imevh2

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They show slight signs of threading, but the bolts just slide in and out. Thanks for the input tho.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
It sounds like you have a cover that is meant to be bolted to a plate that mounts behind the drive pulley. It should come with a plate that goes on the output shaft that the pulley bolts to. You should also have an outer chrome cover that has been cut away so that when the pulley spins the cover won't hit it. There is another cover that bolts to the stock pulley cover as described above and the bolts simply screw into the cover.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts