RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm embarrased to ask this question, but my search came up empty and I've never dealt with one of these adaptors before. My new Rizoma Invidia 2 mirrors just arrived yesterday. Of course I have to use the included right side reverse thread adapter to install it. My question is: What is the proper way to install that? Should I screw the adaptor all the way into the mirror first, let the Loctite set, and then screw the mirror onto the bike (once again, using Loctite)? Everyone always talks about their aftermarket mirrors coming loose, so I'd like to get this right the first time. Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
That is the same way that I installed my Arlen Ness mirrors. The adapters that I used were cheap and had sloppy fitting on the threads. I went and used red loctite on them but they would still vibrate loose. After the third time coming loose, I just painted the stock mirrors and put those back on.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I wind the adaptors into the mirrors first with the bearing lock Loctite. This is supposed to be permanent and also fills slight gaps. Once that has cured I fit the mirrors to the bike with a softer Loctite. If you dry mount the adaptors to the bike it can make fitting the mirrors to the adaptors easier and allow you to get some purchase on the mirror to tighten it but don't overdo it. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bruce! I still have trouble finding what I'm looking for with the new search engine...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts