281 - 300 of 324 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Have you fired it up yet!!

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
no...its [email protected] SNOWING....no one wants to work in a 30deg garage...:mad:

We havent even touched it since we left last time.
I would of had to fire it up even if **** froze over. Wow, snowing? Hot enough to sweat here where i am.:) At least the hard part is over, now for the fun part, riding that torque monster.

·
Premium Member
2002 XV1700PC Warrior
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
...the fun part, riding that torque monster.

Guy... we both know it wont be as fast as it could be with those $hit welds hiding behind the lower exhaust pipe heat shield...all of you guys will laugh and call me names and not let me ride in your reindeer games...

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Guy... we both know it wont be as fast as it could be with those $hit welds hiding behind the lower exhaust pipe heat shield...all of you guys will laugh and call me names and not let me ride in your reindeer games...
Ha Ha! those welds are OK, they just look cold on the pipe part. I would have had the heat up more for better penetration. You will know if they pop apart again.:)

·
Premium Member
8,933 Posts
Excellent addition to your "Dusty, Dirty, Naked, Alone & Far From Home...Winter Mods!" thread ..... I'm sure it will be enjoyed by many members based on the # of hits! :)

·
Premium Member
2002 XV1700PC Warrior
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Excellent addition to your... thread ...

Thank you sir!

I know people like you are out there and pay attention to the details, so im trying to do things on the up and up, and to show my work.

I hope to keep people interested in my shenanigans.

·
Premium Member
2002 XV1700PC Warrior
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
*** B O N U S - V I D E O ***

looking through my devices, I found a moment where i must have hit MOVIE instead of PICTURE and found the little clip below, of when we were fishing in the crank case with the mag-tip, for the jug locating pin...my heart was pounding...

·
Premium Member
2002 XV1700PC Warrior
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·

It's ... A L I V E !!!

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Alright, it sounds good. Nice work you guys. I bet it runs pretty strong.

·
Premium Member
2002 XV1700PC Warrior
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
ok...I've had it for out for about 100 miles so far...

wow...what a difference!
The more i drive it, the more I seem to "feel" the bike pulling more. I'm surprised at how quickly it revs up. I am most impressed with how hard it pulls now, when Im at highway speeds...from 40-110 is a pretty quick event. MUCH better than before.

This is EXACTLY the kind of riding I do with my friends where the new power is perfect.

Im a big boy (300lbs) so my bike needed this extra depth of power to help put me over.

The sound of the bike is also different. It has a "throaty-er" sound, with more crack (like the crack of a bull whip) to it. Bad ass...love it. Its also louder..

I am also aware of a what i can only describe the same warrior "vibration", but harder. Its hard for me to find an accurate way to convey that i do not find it to be "more" of a vibration, or "faster"... I can just "feel" it more. Its not a negative or positive comment, its an observation.

I am ECSTATIC that I am not hearing any sounds that seem odd to me from the motor/cam/lifter area "so far"...( fingers crossed ). Absolutely no ping or knocking either.

My guy said that I should ride it for 500 or so miles, then we'll drain the Motul 300V oil (making sure theres no metal shavings) and do some tweaking and checking since things will have has a chance to settle in.He mentioned that we may also sync the throttle bodies.

I did notice that the engine does not spin as fast on start up as it used to before, but im not surprised as a mix of the springs, HC pistons etc, make it more work. Not and issue, again, just an observation.

While discussing starts ups, I oddly find that its starting easier now! It feels like its gently rolling onto a start, as opposed to it having a more abrupt event start...if that makes sense.

while riding, the decel of the engine is way WAY more pronounced...almost jarringly so. This is seeming as an easy way to help confirm the need for the Ivan flash. I was fine with the stock decel, but now, its too much.

So there it is...my feelings on what I noticed from the parts upgrade to the motor so far. Yamaha should have just made it like this right outt'a the box.

Im eager to get through the break in period, throw the Ivan ECU in it and then have it dyno'd to see what power was gained, and to make sure its tweaked properly.

having said that, paint job aside, I cant think of any mods that Im aware of, that I want / need to add!!!

Im sure I'll think of something :eek:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Right on... Making me feel like I need to get mine done too... First Gilly, then Heff, now you... I want to join the big boy club! :eek:

281 - 300 of 324 Posts