RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed my Dyna Coil install with the LCV Removal. I always hated how fast the Warrior would idle at startup - especially when already warm - so it had to go. Cut it right out of the harness and shrink tubed the ends. The front and sides of the motor are sooooo much cleaner and more visable. The coil mount I had powdercoated to match the shaved motor mount and bracket. I also had the powdercoater take care of the fender supports. Cant go wrong with a little more black:).

Moving the pressure regulator was pretty easy - followed what many of you guys did before. Making sure I had enough clearance around the throttle linkage. Even reused the coil "spring" off the old dry-break, so that it would protect the hose even more.

I cant say that those Dyna's gave me more horsepower but what I will say is that they give you instant horespower. There is no delay when you crack the throttle. Of course I replaced the wires with Taylor 8mm wires and gapped the new iriduim plugs to match. Very happy on how it looks, kind of goes with how the bike looks. I do ride in the rain, so lets see how this setup holds up. It felt nice being back on the bike again:D

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
Since you do ride in the rain, paint the metal mounting tabs as they are not coated with anything and will immediately rust :(

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Looks sharp, congrats! To clean even further the area, I would install a Ferracci drybreak and tuck the line under the tank. Here is how I did mines (note the drybreak connector near the seat):

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking of running the fuel line like that, but was worried that the tank would not completely empty. I like to take my bike to work and its about a 120 mile roundtrip. The way it is now, the gas light comes on about 5 miles from my house, just about perfect. If I run the fuel line up under the tank, I think I would be out of gas:(. Teck, how many miles are getting out of the tank before the light pops on? BTW, nice clean install, bike looks awesome - cant wait to see it in June

·
Administrator
27,737 Posts
Very smart decision to maintain downward slope on the fuel line.

I was thinking of running the fuel line like that, but was worried that the tank would not completely empty. I like to take my bike to work and its about a 120 mile roundtrip. The way it is now, the gas light comes on about 5 miles from my house, just about perfect. If I run the fuel line up under the tank, I think I would be out of gas:(. Teck, how many miles are getting out of the tank before the light pops on? BTW, nice clean install, bike looks awesome - cant wait to see it in June

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
You bet! Can't wait to meet you guys also. :)
About the gas... I never really paid attention, I would say about 100miles in the city. Last trip to Phillies I got about 120miles on the highway before hitting the reserve light and did a little less than 20 miles until I saw a gas station. I was sweating bullets big time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts