RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to run my bike on our dyno at the shop i work at on saturday. its a mustang 1100 dynomometer. first time we did motorcycles on it. a little trial and error but things squared away fairly quickly. to the rear tire spinning that fat 280 i got 99.2hp and 120.5 ft.lb not too bad i think for a stock motor with pipes, vbak, usb3. let me know if any of you all want to come and run your bikes to see how they do. also we are able to 1/4 mile runs as well. thanks to the other member who we got to help get his bike tuned alot better. sorry i forgot your handle on here, hopefully you'll chime in.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Yeah man, I saw you cruzing through Spfld a couple months back and tried to get you to hook up on a cruise with 4 of us (Noize, Run, Mike and me)back in April. I'd like to get my bike on a dyno to find out what she's got. Can you also custom map? BTW, great numbers.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Those power numbers are way exaggerated my friend. I do not know S$%^ about the Dynometer 1100, but no way in **** are those numbers accurate for a stock motor with a 280 on top of it....S$%^ if I lived closer I would be all over that to see 150 hp out of my Warrior. Nice pipe dream[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif].

Check out this Link....

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43208

quote:Originally posted by cmzracing

first time we did motorcycles on it. a little trial and error but things squared away fairly quickly. to the rear tire spinning that fat 280 i got 99.2hp and 120.5 ft.lb not too bad i think for a stock motor with pipes, vbak, usb3.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
highest number for bak/pcIII/goodpipes that i heard of were a bit less than 90hp with stock-wheel AND custom map.
your 280 and the pipes should eat power big time and settle it somewhere around 80 to 85hp at the rear wheel.
i'd suggest, you do another run on another dyno /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

or did you spray nitrous into the bak?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the second warrior pictured has his old dyno sheets and after we ran it there was no more than a 1 ft.lb difference in the two. thats pretty **** accurate if you ask me.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input darkstar, i'll check into seeing if i can find a motorcycle specific dyno to do a comparison test. from the the guy that said his bike had put down a best of 132ftlbs with his 108 kit and cams and headwork etc. he hit that # so i figured it couldnt be that far off, i'll keep you posted on the upcoming comparison test.

quote:Originally posted by DarkStar

Those power numbers are way exaggerated my friend. I do not know S$%^ about the Dynometer 1100, but no way in **** are those numbers accurate for a stock motor with a 280 on top of it....S$%^ if I lived closer I would be all over that to see 150 hp out of my Warrior. Nice pipe dream[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif].

Check out this Link....

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43208

quote:Originally posted by cmzracing

first time we did motorcycles on it. a little trial and error but things squared away fairly quickly. to the rear tire spinning that fat 280 i got 99.2hp and 120.5 ft.lb not too bad i think for a stock motor with pipes, vbak, usb3.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
All I am telling you my friend is those numbers are very high and they are exaggerated power #'s for a basically stock Warrior. My Warrior has a total build. 108 Big Bore with HC 10:50.1 pistons, ported heads +2 valves, s*springs, ported exhaust manifolds, s* cams, s*star ecu, vbak, rinehart exhaust system with monster baffles, plus add the slow me down 240 rear tire and you and I are pulling exactly the same power #'s. I am at 100.2 hp & 120.6 ftlbs. it does not take a genius to figure out that something is not quite right, wither it be my numbers or yours, but I would be willing to bet on the the accuracy of my Dyno Tune over your number's......there are plenty of us who have been around this site for quite some time and have seen it all when it comes to the Warrior power #'s. The 280 rear tire, swingarm, rim will suck 6-8 hp out of your engine. This is a fact. So, basically you are telling us if you had a stock rear end on your Warrior you would be pulling 106-108 hp & 126-128 ftlbs.??? Are your numbers's corrected? I highly doubt it.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Ironically...I will be on a different Dyno Tune this very Saturday to tweak my custom map[8D]. That will be a decent comparasion for my own benefit.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hey Darkstar, what's the power difference between the Propipe you use to have and the Rinharts you have now? Any loss of power?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
2-3 hp loss with rineharts.

quote:Originally posted by joshuaerdman

Hey Darkstar, what's the power difference between the Propipe you use to have and the Rinharts you have now? Any loss of power?
Thanks

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I totally understand, your #'s are coming from a motorcycle specific dyno, mine are coming from a car dyno that is setup to run bikes on as well. there may be the big difference right there. i'll get to a motorcycle dyno soon and give the update when i do.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have a stock motor, Chruchkeys VBAK, V&H Pro Pipe, stock sized tire. I had custom map done by DynoJets Technical and Race Support guru and my numbers are at 88.60 and 108.95. And he squeezed everything he could out of what I have. Maybe calibration on you machine is off? I have heard just the 240 tire looses 2-3 HP alone let alone the lack of a good 2-1 pipe.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
actually a 240 is like 5-6 hp

I am curious to see if a 06 (5 spoke) is any lighter, still have not got a custom map in mine but I will keep you posted

1 - 17 of 17 Posts