RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really excited about it. I have been running Woody's vbak, bigshots, PC III, ais removed and amospro map but am running really rich. I can tell I am leaving a lot on the table with my current tune.

I found a guy with a flat rate regardless of time, runs a four gas analyzer and uses the Eddy system. I have no baseline so my final number is useless as a comparison but I know I am really rich (based on a spark plug check for both cylinders).

Thanks to Darkstar and Craig for all the dyno info they posted. It helped me know what to look for when choosing a shop. I will let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a cool experience. The guy had a complete factory 1 dyno rig and tuned every cell individually on my PC III. I didn't spend much time looking through the dyno numbers. I think I got pretty average numbers for my mods. I was going for rideability first and foremost and I definately got my moneys worth. Much better power delivery from 1000 rpm to redline. I was using amospro map for a few weeks but this specific tune for my bike is obviously more consistent. Very happy with the results and experience.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Basically I got the advertised crank numbers back. The dyno I used was not an optimistic dyno and was averaged over multiple runs. I have no idea what my peak numbers were. I didn't even ask.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
That's the great thing abouta gooddyno run. Peak numbers may not improve (but usually do a lot:}) but it runs so well through the whole rev range.

·
Registered
750 Posts
fcwarrior said:
That's the great thing abouta gooddyno run. Peak numbers may not improve (but usually do a lot:}) but it runs so well through the whole rev range.

The Factory Pro EC997 is an eddy current absorber dyno. It will ALWAYS read lower numbers than a Dynojet 100-250 as it only reads from a calibrated load cell.therefore the strain guage reals the actual torque applied at the eddy brake. Dynojet's have a built in calculator that drives up real wheel HP to match a 'known' standard (Long story, but it's well known by now).

Forget the comparison, but rest assured they use a 4-gas analyzer and read real time HP and torque during the run. Easy to use and operate well. A better running bike is better than proving big numbers.

Glad it was a great experience.

·
Registered
263 Posts
from my expierience the dyno numbers crawl 4hp from any downloaded map.

but the driveability is the best result.

glad to hear you found a good dyno.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts