RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my bike dynoed this morning. Numbers seem kinda high for just having ripsaws, BAK, and PCIII. I am in Jacksonville, Fl. pretty close to sea level and today was a perfect day cool and humid. Here is the chart. If you have trouble reading it says 94.52hp and 112.15lb/ft.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NorCalWarrior said:
Q: A HP is a HP right?

A: Depends on who's dyno you use.....

Does the new map make it run noticably different/better?
Didn't get a new map just running riflemans map. The dealer just had a
free dyno run this morning so I wanted to see how my bike would do. I
plan on getting a custom map soon.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
yeah, those #'s seem really high. Especially with ripsaws, which aren't know for their power. Was this an installed dyno or a portable dyno?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Dyno numbers can vary considerably from oneto another, but thenumbers aredefinitely high for the ripsaws (w/o baffles). I did a 3+ hour custom dyno and after over 35 runs, netted only 83HP and 108ftlb of TQ and that's with S* exhaust and BAK (*see gallery).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There was a Harley Electra Glide up there with a big bore kit, cam, jets, 2-1 pipes, and ported heads. He made 105hp and I can't remember the torque but it was above 100 also. Does this soundright for a Harley 1200 with these mods?

·
Registered
753 Posts
holy geez,i have the street sweepers,no baffle,vbak and pciii and dyno tuned only 83hp 102fl/lbs

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Those numbers seemreally improbable with wide open Ripsaws and seems like the best example ever of how dynos can differ I guess. If I thought Icould get anotherdozen ponies ormore by adding a BAK I would probably be on the phone right now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Marco Polo said:
Those numbers seemreally improbable with wide open Ripsaws and seems like the best example ever of how dynos can differ I guess. If I thought Icould get anotherdozen ponies ormore by adding a BAK I would probably be on the phone right now.

You are probably right. I am going to try another dyno as soon as possible and see how close the numbers are. Its also about 10ft above sea level here and it was a nice cool day, so I am thinking that is good for a couple of horsepower more than those in higher altitudes.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I hope we didnt dampen your spirit here but they do seem quiete a bit high. Just dont be surprised if your next dyno comes back lower.

I am running a drag pipe, no baffles, pciii custom mapped, VBAK, and 31tooth pulley and I am at 90hp with 113.2ft lbs of torque.

If you get the same numbers again though, I wanna know where your getting your gas! lol

·
Registered
750 Posts
For starters the correction factor used is STD which means it will read about 4% higher than if SAE was used. So knock off 4% and you're more inline with what most people are using when speaking of power numbers here. Secondly - 27.27 mm hg? That's insane. You're at seal level in FL. Usually barrometric pressure is around 29.20 to 29.50. I think their pressure sensor is F'ed. Would make sense. Hard to believe such a low pressure in FL unless you did it 10 minutes before a hurricane hit.

I think they either don't know they have a failed sensor or they like the false high readings.

Just my $0.02

1 - 20 of 21 Posts