RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Friend of mine runs a Dynojet Custom Mapping Center at a Local Honda Dealership and he was kind enough to have me in for the early bird special[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] this morning at 6 am for some Custom Mapping on my Warrior... I figured I would take some pictures & video with sound to share with you folks who have never experienced having a custom map made specifically for your Warrior. This is my 4th Custom Map since owning my Warrior and Shawn (my buddy) has done all four of my maps. I will not stress enough how important it is to get a competent "Certified DynoJet Technician" who understands the entire process. Listed below are my dates of each map, broken down in stages of external and internal modifications. My goal has always been based on getting her to 100hp. That was my goal and finally after many years of different stages of modifications and many trials. I can honestly say I am very happy with my "Complete Package" pertaining to My Warrior.

1st Custom Map....May 2002

Modifications: Bubs Boom Can (slip-on), BAK, AIS Blocked, PCIII.

85hp & 106 ft.lbs.

2nd Custom Map....Feburary 2003

Modifications: V&H Pro pipe, HC Pistons, VBAK, AIS Blocked, Krankvent, PCIII.

92hp & 112 ft.lbs.

3rd Custom Map....August 2005

Modifications: OE 108 Big Bore, 10:50.1 HC Pistons, Speedstar Cams, Speedstar Springs, Speedstar ECU, Heads Custom Ported & Polished, +2 Valves, Exhaust Ports custom port & polish, VBAK, Krankvent, Rinehart Racing Exhaust System with stock baffles, PCIIIusb. (stock 200 rear tire)

106.7hp & 127.9 ft.lbs.

4th Custom Map....Sept 2006 (today)

Modifications: OE 108 Big Bore, 10:50.1 HC Pistons, Speedstar Cams, Speedstar Springs, Speedstar ECU, Heads Custom Ported & Polished, +2 Valves, Exhaust Ports custom port & polish, VBAK, Krankvent, Rinehart Racing Exhaust System with Big City Thunder "Monster" Baffles (6-1/4" mounted deep), PCIIIusb. (240 rear tire)

100.2hp & 120.3 ft.lbs.

*Please note the change between Map 3 & 4 in overall HP & Torque due to the addition of the slow me down Fat *******, 240 rear end[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. More mass ='s less power. Only other change is the baffles.

Enjoy the Pictures & Video's....[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-624367256676598263&hl=en

Ready for Entry...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

22.77 KB

Strapping the Beast Down....

28.9 KB

CO Sensor being installed in tail pipe....

35.69 KB

Sound proof room....Yea, right![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

14.69 KB

CO Sensor installed in tail pipe....

35.21 KB

Working on Custom Map....

30.98 KB

Print out....

45.71 KB

Enjoy the Video....[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-624367256676598263&hl=en

·
Registered
477 Posts
Cool stuff... I see it's a Honda dealership. Would they accept other Warrior owners if one called and scheduled it through their service dept? Frankly, I just don't know where to go in CT so if they know their stuff I'd make the ride.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I did mention The Dyno Tech is a personal friend of mine and he had me in at 6am for the early bird special........hint, hint. If my appointment would have been during normal business hours I would not have been allowed in the Dyno area to film. It is off limits as most shops during operations.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PM sent....This is not a Harley Dealership My Friend[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. They accept all style and model bikes. My Dyno Tech has mapped close to 2000 bikes in his 6 years of mapping.

quote:Originally posted by MotoWarrior

Cool stuff... I see it's a Honda dealership. Would they accept other Warrior owners if one called and scheduled it through their service dept? Frankly, I just don't know where to go in CT so if they know their stuff I'd make the ride.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Nice #s.And great pix.
That fatty sure takes a lot of HP and TQ away.
All the shops around me do custom maps but none use a CO sensor.
As soon as I locate a competent shop I will get mine in for a date.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Very interesting to see how the torque drops with the leaning out of the air:fuel ratio at 2,500rpm. Shows how significant these Custom maps are. Thanks for posting......

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Cool video Dark and the bike sounds good. I can't wait to see/hear it next Sunday.
As far as the 240 goes, I think the WOW factor more than makes up for the loss in HP![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree totally on the WoW Factor![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

quote:Originally posted by vector18

Cool video Dark and the bike sounds good. I can't wait to see/hear it next Sunday.
As far as the 240 goes, I think the WOW factor more than makes up for the loss in HP![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Not just "WOW" factor.... A bike with a 200 will not hook up as well as a bike with a 240.. HP and TQ are useless with out a good hook up. ED's bike has the Best of both worlds.. Looks and Performance.. Thats why I hate him...LOL... Iam truley just Jealous...

Congrats on your Goal of 100hp with the 240 kit..

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:Originally posted by ohiomike

Not just "WOW" factor.... A bike with a 200 will not hook up as well as a bike with a 240.. HP and TQ are useless with out a good hook up. I totally agree. I was having the exact same conversation with xharleyrdr on the phone Saturday morning right after my map...When I got my map last year, I had the 200 on the rear for about 6 hours and hooking up was a real issue from a stop, and even worse when rolling on up through 1, 2 & 3rd gears when hammering the throttle. It really sucked having the rear end slid away from you when throttling out of a sharp sweeper....

ED's bike has the Best of both worlds.. Looks and Performance.. Thats why I hate him...LOL... Iam truley just Jealous...

[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]Hahaha....its a labor of love Mike. This you do know.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Congrats on your Goal of 100hp with the 240 kit..

Thank you!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Boy-- you sure stepped up the performance mods in 05! Hehehe... Hopefully, when I get my bike all paid off I'll have some $$$ for those engine upgrades. Nice work.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had my 06 Warrior Custom mapped in Raleigh, NC at a place called Iron thunder....I got to stay right there in the garage and watch and listen...it was cool.... and it really helped my bike in the mid-range... I 'll have to go back and look at my numbers, but the bike was really almost new and didn't need significant changes..but it does run better with pep and go in every gear....makes me say cheeze.....[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts