RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm just wondering if anyone/everyone that might have had their bike professionally dynotuned after getting Ivans ECU would be willing to share their maps?
I know that Ivan sends out a map to use, but I'm figuring just like with the stock ECU, if you can find a map that was tuned with the same Intake and Exhaust that is on your bike that it would be even closer then Ivans Right?
So I am looking for a custom tuned map for Ivans ECU, for a warrior that has a BAK, and Sampson Street Sweepers (or similar shorty 2 into 2 pipes) with BCT Monster Baffles.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Arizona is right here. Ivans set up will have retardation removed, timing adjustments and rev limit changes so if you have your bike dyno'd with this set up the pc3 or pcv map will be differently tuned in to those parameters.

Heff

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see Ivan's flash in your Profile's BIKE Tab, did you get it done? Ivan's maps will not work for stock ECU's the Ivan's flash changes everything night and day.
Yes i did it in the fall of last year....sorry just neglected to update my bikes profile....i understand that Ivans flash changes things, but does that mean you cannot take it to have it dynotuned? The point to my question was to see if those that have had it professionally tuned could share their maps, just like we used to do before Ivans flash.....someones map with a similar setup to mine (ie... Ivans flash, Samson Street, BAK, AIS Block etc...), that was professionally tuned is bound to be a better map then Ivans "stock map" that just gets you close to your setup, right? Or am i missing something?

·
Super Moderator
5,831 Posts
Go to the PCV map downloads and try this map. M22-011-028. I have that map in my bike now and it works great. No popping, hesitation or anything. Pulls like a freight train. I started out with Ivans map but it was to lean.

·
Registered
259 Posts
So true, Gilly. FINALLY took my bike in to get dyno'd because of many questions I've had after getting Ivans flash. 150 miles to low fuel light, low end hesitation/vibration and just not "sounding right" just pointed to something amiss.
Since I live in Commiefornia and dyno shops are not allowed to touch the tuning I did a lot of research on modding my own map. Was pretty easy in my case, dyno showed rich up to 1750 RPM (which was where the vibration was) and consistently lean though the rest of the range at about 14.2:1. Dyno also showed that with stock heads it is useless to take the bike over 5K RPM, drops off like a rock. Bike feels better now, haven't run a full tank but I am curious what fuel mileage will be. My bike is similar to the OP, BAK, AIS block off, V&H Big Radius with modified baffles (cut the restrictor nub off the engine side of the baffles).
More than happy to share the map if someone is interested but would like to get a full tank through her for any fine tuning I may do. I have been gone a while. Not that I haven't been riding but other things in life have taken priority. Happy riding, everyone!

·
Premium Member
2002 XV1700PC Warrior
3,946 Posts
i was hoping to have my bike dyno'd after all my engine mods break in. I will also add ivans ECU mod BEFORE i go for dyno. once I get that done, I will post the dyno results and be happy to share the tune. I hope to get the Dyno mid Aug.

My mods:
Patric Racing HC heads
Speed Star Cams
Speed Star Springs
Speed Star Valves
Ported Heads
Valve Job
"Power Pipe" Ceramic Coated rear exhaust manifold
Reinhart Racing Staggered Pipes (no baffle)
Ivan ECU flash

·
Premium Member
2002 XV1700PC Warrior
3,946 Posts
Dyno numbers don't mean anything unless someone is running the same equipment as the dyno'd bike.

FYI:when I say "dyno'd", I mostly mean the creation of a custom map made for my exact bike as it's set up. The numbers for me are relative only to gage improvements from the starting pulls.

·
Premium Member
4,366 Posts
Dyno numbers don't mean anything unless someone is running the same equipment as the dyno'd bike.
I think what you mean to say is that "dyno numbers don't mean ""much"".

A dyno is a great tool and shows way more than just numbers. I am very interested in seeing the graph/curve.

Also it's fun tossing numbers around.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Using a map made for a different setup is flirting with disaster. Also dyno numbers vary considerably due to several factors like type of tire, placement on the drum, calibration, operator, etc. after many years, many bikes, and many dynos I have learned it is nothing but another tool, to me mostly to fine tune AF. HP and torque curves are a graph of your result. My max torque is considerably higher than my max HP at this point. After I play with my mic I will run it again.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Anyone end up getting this done? When I visited Patrick racing last year he gave me a map he made on another customer's bike with Identical mods as mine except for the ecu flash. Bike runs good but I'm assuming a map made with the ecu flash would be better. I have the auto tune but unfortunately I've been without a laptop to hook the bike up and allow the system to make some trims. Once I get that setup up and running again it would be interesting to see what happens when allowing the auto tune to make corrections. In the past I was saving and dating all the maps as changes were made so I could go back and compare, revert to an old saved map at any point.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
In the past I was saving and dating all the maps as changes were made so I could go back and compare, revert to an old saved map at any point.

I've been doing the same thing with my maps. Keeping track of how it goes and having backups in case it isn't going in the right direction.

I started with a map tuned for the Speedstar ECU. With Ivan's HC reflash the Auto Tune had it running great after one ride. I have only had three short rides with it on, and I accepted the trims to the map each time. The last time the trims were few and low numbers. I have also been making changes to idle and startup fuel, so I have 7 or 8 maps kept in chronological order.

My mods are pretty specific, but I can send my map to anyone who wants it. I'm sure it will only work with Speedstar or other large injectors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts