RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found my E-Z brackets to be far better than I expected when I ordered them. These babies are STRONG and the fit was perfect! Once removed, the mounting nubs look like they came with the bike. Of course you have to limit the weight you put on them because they appear to be far stronger than the Warrior's fender bracket they mount too. Most of the time I leavemy ugly littlesaddlebags off because I like the lean look ofthe naked Warrior however, on a longer ride I like to have a few tools and some rain gear. I'm planning to make some custom saddlebags this winter that will be shapedto complementmyWarrior's asymetry. To accomodate the Warrior exhaust the right side bag will be short and the left will be long. The E-Z Brackets allow me to focus on the design of the bags without needing to figure out how to mount them. I'm suprised that no bags are made this way to fit a Warrior. Not even from Yamaha! I'm not willing to spend $500 bucks on pipes and another $200 on a fuel mixture control just to makesomeone's mediocre bags fit. Another thing is the EZ brackets have locks. Not pick proof hardened steel drill proof locks but locks that will discourgesomeone who doesn'tthink I have gold bullion stashed in there. (If they thought that they'd probably just saw off the mounting posts or fender brackets) I haven't made up my mind what kind of decoration the bags will have. I'll probably carvesomething into the leather. Flaming skulls maybe.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Agreed. I've been very happy with EZ Brackets on my Warrior. I also run without bags most of the time, and the chrome 'nubs' on the fender brackets are not noticeable. Just slip the bags on and lock them in place for the longer rides. Very handy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine ispretty stock. All I have on it that's special are a National Cycle windshield, CP 1120 bars, a Corbin seat and, of course, the E-Z brackets for my saddlebags. I like the mellow soundfrom the stock exhaust and, since every aftermarket exhaust screws up the fuel mixture, I amreluctant to mess with a motor that runs perfectly. I do like the look of the Muzzy 2 into 1. If I do change pipes, I would like some that won't drag on the ground. What I wish is that they'd forget making claims of more power and just put baffles in that would duplicate the performance of the stock exhaust. I've had my Warrior to an indicated135 andit was plenty fast toget me to work in the morning.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
The beauty of the EZ bracket setup is you can mount the bags a little higher to clear your pipe .. If you search Saddlemen bags on this site you will probably find some pics of some mounted .. IMHO they would look better than 2 different sizes. Might be a pic in my gallery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts