1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,711 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ok bringing this back from the dead.

Has anyone tried these yet. Just wondering, as I am due for a spark plug change. thanks

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Been running E3 plugs for a couple years they run great can't really say they make more power....Maybe , I know they burn more fuel cause my pipe tips changed color when i put them in they got lighter. i got mine from jegs $ 4.99 ea. the 36 is what you run in the warrior. couple advantages are no gap to set and you can use a regular 5/8 plug socket insted of that yamaha pos.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I ran a set and they seemed to make her a little snappier. The fact that you can't adjust them is good and bad. Depending on engine mods you might want a different gap. My girl likes .028. I stopped using them because one cracked after 2000 miles. I use a torque wrench and no more than 25 Ft lbs. I thought it was defective so I wrote them a letter and sent it back and told them if they sent me a new one I woudl give it a second try. No response. I went with NGK Iridium. Since I run the Dyna DC2-1 coils I have the juice to get the performance and longevity they offer. Just what happened to me. They did seem to work well while they worked.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the feedbacks. Just been thinkin about tryin these out. I guess I will then, I will also put a lil input on this when I get it done.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
i wouldnt waste the money. I used these in my warrior and found the coating on the electrode was flaking off after a mere 2k miles. Id rather not have whatever the electrode is coated with floating around in my engine and embedding into the cylinder walls.
Or the alternative my dad had these in his harley and found that the freaking ceramic was cracked all around the base and was basically floating on the inner electrode on both of his plugs.

Needless to say we removed them from our bikes. both bikes fuel mixture were fine as well.. i dont recommend them to anyone. There may have been a reason they didnt have a listing for our bikes due to heat related problems. Youd be better off spending your money on a quality plug.
chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts