RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a new earthX battery, this does cost a little on the high end but it has a Battery Management System, which is suppose to keep the battery from dying or being over charged. I got tired of changing out my battery every year and a half over in in the heat of Dubai, we'll see how this one holds up. It is about half the size of the original battery and it comes with spacers. Don't have a picture of the battery its already in the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just installed a new earthX battery, this does cost a little on the high end but it has a Battery Management System, which is suppose to keep the battery from dying or being over charged. I got tired of changing out my battery every year and a half over in in the heat of Dubai, we'll see how this one holds up. It is about half the size of the original battery and it comes with spacers. Don't have a picture of the battery its already in the bike.
Can you provide an update on this battery? I was looking into it but wanted to see how it worked out long-term. Thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have 2 warriors and had this battery on the both of them for around 2 years. Here is my experience:

1- They do hold their charge, BUT our warriors tend to have this parasitic drain which results in the battery dying after a couple of months. When that happens, the battery will appear dead because that safety circuitry is triggered. You will then need to find some 12V source to jump the battery before it can be charged.

2- In the cold it can be an issue. Sometimes that circuitry gets triggered and you‘re essentially stuck. It happened to me a few times.

3- In the cold, when the circuitry isn’t triggered, the bike will crank awhile before it starts. It’s normal, but it feels alarming....like you’re battery is dying, yet it will eventually turn over.

4- I did have the first battery die on me, but they were good at replacing it.

5- This thing is tiny. Nothing like the OEM battery. And super light.

·
Administrator
28,212 Posts
I realize the OP on this was summer of '16 but it prodded me to have another look at the particular battery, which I have no personal experience with. The manufacturer's website provides easy identification by vehicle for selecting their recommended battery.

I'm in the camp that migrated to the Shorai LFX18A1-BS12 and the matching Shorai charger. No pesky circuit interrupting starting. Its been around much longer, too. Its list is $50 less, and right now on Amazon its $140 so its ~$100 less.

Lithium properties display themselves in frigid temperatures. With Shorai, when its really cold on a cold-start you push the button and not much happens, but the electron flow warms the battery. So the bike jumps to life on the second start button push. They made it self-solving.

Their easier-to-use lithium charger equalizes all cells at 100% so you always get full power.

I've had mine for many years and its still perfect. The bike literally jumps to life.

There are other newer brands out there too. I'm very happy with Shorai and its among the very few with an engineered matching cell-balancing-charger. I just woke my Warrior up from its winter snow nap (garage). I removed the charger, did a quick visual, rolled it out, pressed go and bam she started and idled perfectly. Same thing every year, its been maintenance-free.

I think there are still just these two or three lithium batteries that are also 100%-Cell-Balancing and of course they cost more than old fashioned AGM ones. Its worth it.

There is a battery tender combination that has only one pos and neg wire at the battery. But it MIGHT have battery-internal circuitry for true 100%-Cell-Balancing its hard to know for certain. Either way, some here have good luck with that combination.

Hope some of this helps.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have 2 warriors and had this battery on the both of them for around 2 years. Here is my experience:
Thanks for the info, brother. I think AZ has compelled me over to Shorai tho.

Hope some of this helps.
It helped a lot. You've convinced me that Shorai is the way to go. I'll be upgrading some time in the relatively near future. My current lead acid battery is still cranking so it's not an immediate need. Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've actually gone to a new battery, wasn't happy with this. the heat here in the UAE is hard on batteries, but this lasted about one year. I'm currently using a Antigravity Battery. I've had it for over a year and it has a jump start feature which I've actually used twice and it works great. Left my ignition on one day came back bike wouldn't start, pressed the recharge button on the battery and it cranked right up. It's a great feature. Here's the link. ATX12-HD-RS Lithium Motorsport Battery – Antigravity Batteries
Hopes this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts