RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Usually when I fuel up I'm Leary about my keys sitting on my tank while being in the fuel cap and I also don't like having to turn the key and Push down to close the cap.

So, here's something I came up with since I was having a hard time removing the key from the cap.

I removed the part that prevents key removal (T lock) from the cap while the cap is open and filed part of the cap lock/slide latch

Removing the T lock is only to be able to remove the key while the cap is open.(small mod as its own)
Filing the 2 latches is to be able to close the cap without using the key.
Both posts of this mod don't have to be done but you can't do the closing the cap without the key without first removing the T lock first.

This key mod goes well with the fuel cap mod - Key Mod

Fuel cap mod
Gas cap mod

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't have to remove the cap. Remove the 2 screws on the inside. Remove that T thing and file the slide latch. Very easy. There is a ball bearing and some other part that doesn't need to be in there either but can stay.

Cover the fuel hole so no parts fall in.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I was just looking at that thread before I did it. lol. Gave me some of the idea of how to.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Keys? you have keys on motorcycle key? they gonna screw up your triple clamp flopping around on top.
I usually only have my house key with the bike key, If not I usually get locked out of the house from forgetting it at home. (happened many times)

I'm going this way now :D http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/18-anything-goes-well-almost/237617-key-mod.html

+1 60ft, my bike keys ride solo except on one bike with side ignition it has a small soft leather fob.
Another +1 rij1, this seems like a nice idea, can you think of anything that might be a negative on this?
Not so far, I removed the T lock part along time ago and all has been good.
I think its better to be able to have the key out so you can push the cap down to lock it in instead of push it down while turning the key.

I think it's pretty cool as well. I guess the only downside is if he lost his key he can't start either bike :)
Yeah, I think I would be more pissed that I lost the key more then that I cant start the bikes LOL..

Imma make another copy and usually have a couple spares.. I hate loosing things...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts