RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Easy quick Motorcycle jack with a couple blocks of wood or bricks. I've been doing this for Years. Even though I have 2 jacks but this is easier sometimes if only a couple inches is needed.
It's great for removing your wheels.
2 short videos and pics.

It's easier with 2 people but 1 can do it. Set the block right next to the Right side of frame(block should be thicker to Not slide under frame), Set the smaller block by the kick stand, Raise bike up, Kick stand up, Lean the bike left, Slide the block under the frame a couple inches, Lift the bike and tilt to the right over the block, Kick stand down, Slide the other block under the kick stand, Set bike down. Done...

[Note- if you only wanna raise the front then position the block more towards the front if only the rear position more towards the rear or center to raise the whole bike. Remember that if you have the bike balanced and you remove the rear wheel the bike may tilt forwards and the same if removing the front wheel it will tilt back. Just stick a block under the tire that is staying in place. If you use a long enough block or a couple blocks you won't have an issue of tilting at all. This is actually more stable then both my motorcycle jacks]

Easy quick Motorcycle jack with a couple blocks of wood or bricks. I've been doing this for Years. Even though I have 2 jacks but this is easier sometimes if only a couple inches is needed.
It's great for removing your wheels.
2 short videos and pics.

It's easier with 2 people but 1 can do it. Set the block right next to the Right side of frame(block should be thicker to Not slide under frame), Set the smaller block by the kick stand, Raise bike up, Kick stand up, Lean the bike left, Slide the block under the frame a couple inches, Lift the bike and tilt to the right over the block, Kick stand down, Slide the other block under the kick stand, Set bike down. Done...

[Note- if you only wanna raise the front then position the block more towards the front if only the rear position more towards the rear or center to raise the whole bike. Remember that if you have the bike balanced and you remove the rear wheel the bike may tilt forwards and the same if removing the front wheel it will tilt back. Just stick a block under the tire that is staying in place. If you use a long enough block or a couple blocks you won't have an issue of tilting at all. This is actually more stable then both my motorcycle jacks]

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
817 Posts
Works great, I used for my sportster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Always another fantastic idea from Rudy.
It's the simple things that help get you through the day haha.
It's easier then dragging my jack around then having to put it away lol.

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Me too. I got my lazy jack which is the 2x8 with a pipe thru it and you flip the wood up to prop up the bike.

It's the simple things that help get you through the day haha.
It's easier then dragging my jack around then having to put it away lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts