RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a small mod that may help a few. If your bars are to close to your tank or hit at full turn this will prevent it further or forks to close too your crash bars.

Quick easy fix using Wheel balancing weights.
2 .5 oz (1/2 oz)Zinc, steel or lead (lead is a bit thinner) Adhesive weights on both stops on the steering head bump stops.
They will limit the full bar turning radius just enough to clear from hitting the tank.
I have the same issue with my Roadliner (Last pics)and have this issue with my warrior but not with the bars and tank but with my fork covers and brake lines hitting my crash bar. These are maybe 1/8" thick and small and you can double them up if needed(probably won't have to). They help allot.

I got a good 1/4" clearance from my crash bars now and you should get about 1/2" clearance from your bars to tank after.
Tire shops have them and hobby stores.

Rudy Jeremias

·
Registered
207 Posts
Always great info Rudy. I've seen this on Facebook, but forgot until Jay Kruse reminded me about it this morning. Definitely gonna have to get this one done.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Always great info Rudy. I've seen this on Facebook, but forgot until Jay Kruse reminded me about it this morning. Definitely gonna have to get this one done.
I thought I had already made a thread here in the forum but searched around this morning and didn't find it. So here it is now.

Rudy Jeremias

1 - 4 of 4 Posts