RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm good with computers but bad at images and digital photography stuff. My camera takes massive hi-res pictures and its annoying trying to resize them but I finally have the easy answer .....

Microsoft now produce and image resizer powertoy for Windows XP:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Once you have installed it you can just right mouse click on an image or a group of images and click 'resize image' and it will create copies of the files at smaller resoloutions, just perfect for uploading photos to this site

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just did a search round and it doesn't look like its available for Windows 2000, sorry.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Okay, now I click on the resizer icon on my screen and it just reinstalls itself each time........Gotta love Windoze eXtra Pitiful[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
quote:Originally posted by oly

I just did a search round and it doesn't look like its available for Windows 2000, sorry.

Yeah I did the same search and came up empty, as well. Microsoft sucks. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another minor thing that is annoying is that a 640x480 image can be up to about 150k and this site upload limit is 80k. It still takes me quite a while to get the images right before uploading them.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
quote:Originally posted by oly

Another minor thing that is annoying is that a 640x480 image can be up to about 150k and this site upload limit is 80k. It still takes me quite a while to get the images right before uploading them.

I found that yesterday when I was using the resize tool for the first time when preparing to upload the pictures from the Custom Show. At least you can still get a decent image with 80kb, I'm sure that if we all uploaded images greater than 80kb then the site could probably not cope and page loading times would slow right down, particularly for the modem users among us.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts