RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son, who is in San Diego now with his fairly new Warrior (1700 miles) was more than a little upset about the recall and the unavailability of kits to fix it with. Yesterday, he found a way to take his mind off the recall. With little effort on his part, he mounted a Ford F-150 on the back wheel. . .while he was traveling down Miramar Blvd. Of course, the truck was going about 30 miles an hour faster than he was when it mounted up. It seems he was rear-ended by some moron in a truck who "didn't see him". He wasn't even stopped when it happened.
The bike is pretty much toast. The truck drug it under the front axle for about 15 feet. The boy's fine except for a few broken ribs and some real sore pieces parts. He said he wasn't so much upset about smushing the bike as he was furious about the guy not even seeing him until he was about 60 feet away. At least that was how long the skid marks are. Dead on in the middle of the day just flat ran over him.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Man thats terrible I glad to hear that your boy is doing fine I hope that he has a speedy recovery. well can I comment on something I dont know what has me disturbed your son accident or your signature phrase

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sorry to hear about your son. sounds like he's goin g to be o.k., that's always a bonus[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

as for the moron who hit him, hopefuly he'll watch where he's going from now on. 'Cause if it were me, he would have a few bumps and bruises too.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Someone be looking over your Kid! Glad to hear he is fine minus the Warrior. That Driver was more busy fumbling with his CD Player or Dialing/Talking on his Cell Phone rather then watching what the **** was going on around him. If it had been me and I walked away that Dude would be in for an awful lot of hurting. How's that go 200MM??? World of Hurt, those are the words I wanted!

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
So glad that your son is not too badly hurt, material things can always be replaced. Is it illegal to use a cellphone in a car in the USA? Our law has just been amended and only 'hands free' are now allowed. Still doesn't seem to stop the morons from using them though!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi medik418, glad your son's basically okay. Thank God for guardian angels. And, looking on the bright side, your son might be able to escape this recall mess when he gets his new bike. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Yikes! Good thing he's alive! Bikes can be replaced, people cannot. Good luck, and hope he has a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
medik, glad to hear your son's ok. It's for that very reason that I ride as fast as I do when I'm in traffic. I don't weave alot, but I speed up anytime I see somebody coming up behind me.

Just out of curiosity, did he still have the stock exhaust installed?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Medik, All the best to you and your son . Thank God things turned out the way they did . I have 2 sons that race and ride (and crash on occaision) they sure can age us quick . LoL -Gary

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
medik glad to hear your son is going to be ok. I am guessing it wasn't a cell phone or a cd player, I am putting my money on the guy was driving like all the idiots drivers in san dog driving like a bat out of **** and changing lanes as fast as posible just to arrive at the next wreck the same time as all the people he just passed.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Glad to here the boy was not hurt to bad.
Doesn't seem to be any excuse this time. It should be manditory that people have a review of their driving priveleges when they do stupid sh** like that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to all of you for the kind words. He went back to the hospital last night. Mostly he's just sore right now. Lot's of pulled muscles. Hogeater, you nailed it. The other guy said he was looking at the traffic light a block ahead and just didn't see the bike with 6'4" of Jarhead riding in front of him. He did change lanes just before he hit.
Our insurance for the bike is through Progressive and they wrote him a check for $6,400 to get everything started while they go after the other guy's insurance. The adjuster said it was just his preliminary estimate and the shop would have to determine if it was fixable. The rest will come when the shop decides just how much damage is done. He thinks the engine may be damaged since it ran for about 10 minutes on it's side. Nobody could hear it running and he noticed the headlight was on and sure enough, it was laying there idling away all the while. Anyway, thanks to all of you for the thoughts and yes, I agree someone had a hand on him this time. When asked if he would ever ride again by several of his (non-riding)cronies, he didn't hesitate. "Does a cat have a climbin gear?"
I'll keep everyone posted and thanks again. Lossa nice folks in here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am glad to hear that he is ok .. I am out here in San diego as well and for the most part its a hit or miss when it comes to your safty out here. its bad enough that when I ride at night, I dirve in the middle lane about 65-70 mph and started wearing my old Full back spine protector. I pulled it out of storage about the first week in dec after near death close call with a stupid (^!#!#&^@) civic doing about 90 mph. give your son my best wishes and who knows I might see him on the road one of these day.

·
Registered
802 Posts
sorry to hear of the accident. Hope your son has a full and speedy recovery. As bikers we have to watch out for everyone around us. I don't get how some drivers just can't see us.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts