RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know never buy stuff from eBay.

Made an attempt to mount these yesterday.
The fairing went on after wrestling around and a hefty push to align the holes, after all that it rocks on the two mounting bushings. I could fix that.

THE CHIN SPOILER on the other hand was a act of futility!!!!!
Just to keep this short it will not fit over the frame, if forced the the holes at the bottom pull off the peg mounts and the top mount holes were still and inch from where they meat the holes at the rectifier.

I communicated with the seller in Latonia and his advise was to just push harder. OMG!
Where I come from, IF IT DONT FIT DONT FORCE IT.......

So before I pull out the die grinder and start the creative cutting, I figure Id reach out here and see if anyone else has had this problem and how they got through it.

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah... The contact from the seller said nothing about, just send it back, just push harder.
I ended it with let the part set on the mold longer, that's when he stopped replying.

The pictures really don't show just how much push would be needed. The picture of the ears at the peg mounts show how much they are already distorting just from holding it up to the frame.

This not my first rodeo with overseas parts.
I was just curious if anyone ran into this with theirs.

I'll have the die grinder in hand tomorrow and start trimming. If I'm sucessful I'll post pics for those who run into this also.

Thanks for all the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.