RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a lot of fun on ebay this summer buying parts for the warrior. Think I won 9 bids and up till the last one they where all great transactions. Then I won a bid on the bars I have been looking for. I had it paid 5 min after winning the bid. That was 10/28. I did receive confirmation of shipping on 11/4 from paypal using DHL but there where no notes on the door or packages. Could not get the tracking # to work. Received an eamil a week ago saying he would refund money today if I have not received the bars yet. Giving him benifit of the doubt so not saying any names yet but have any other members have simialar experiences on ebay?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Won about 1000.00 worth of stuff this month and went well but one d-head wanted to buy all my A customs and hit the buy it now, then asked to change the price if he didnt take the ones he didnt need so I refused his money and told him they would go in the trash before he played on them. Got my only negitive as you can guess and I couldnt leave him any neg!! I was being nice and shipping to a militarybase for a person in another country, so that wont happen again. Might have been a scam but dont know.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I've also won many bids on eBay. All have been good except one. I won the bid for some BowFlex Selectech Dumbells, Bench and Mat. When it arrived I got the Bench and Mat, but no Dumbells. I emailed the seller and he played dumb indicating that there must be some kind of shipping error. I doubted his story because the package that arrived was labeled package 1 of 1. I waited a few days and tried to email him again several times with no response. I paid through PayPal so I filed a dispute. A couple of weeks later PayPal said they settled the dispute in my favor and credited my account with $200.00. After all that, I was still left holding the bag for $150.00. I did end up with the Bench and Mat which aren't very useful without the Dumbells.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have hada TON of luck on Ebay with the Warrior. Only bad deal was a chromed belt guard that didn't have pictures (should've been a clue) when it arrived it was badly pitted and rusted. Couldn't get a reply from the seller soafter a week I filed a complaint and he stated that he would refund the item price minus the shipping. After I shipped it back, 2 weeks went by with no refund so I filed a dispute and got back all of the money - shipping included. Most of my parts have beenless thanhalf of what Yamaha gets. I have discovered that if you want a specific part, do a search by the part name. There's 3 times the amount of stuff for the Warrior out there, but they're not always listed under "Roadstar Warrior" or "Road Star Warrior"

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
skybejef said:
I did receive confirmation of shipping on 11/4 from paypal using DHL
DHL is "Out of Business" as a US domestic carrier as of January 2009. The DHL network pipeline is nearly empty of all packages. Their delivery trucks are empty. Their facilities and delivery drivers know they are out of work come January and so their commitment to provide good service is not where it should be. This could be why you haven't received your order yet. Good Luck.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i have had a ebay account for years sold hundreds of parts. i have sold the same warrior coffin twice and still got the shaft. the first guy never paid,

the second guy just paid after 10 days.neither one responded to emails.

if i find these guys on this forum i will make sure to let everyone know.

sure wish sellers could still leave negative feedback...........

·
Vendor
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bars finally came today. Only took a month. Good news is they look great and will look even better once I get them installed.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I've hardly ever bothered with ebay in the last year because so many previous purchase attempts turned out so poorly. It seems there's a problem of some kind or another almost half the time which to me just isn't worth it. I did buy one thing recently though from a forum member through ebay and unfortunately the item that was supposed to be brand new had somehow got a crack in the case. I know the member well enough to know it wasn't intentional and likely happened during shipping or something so no biggie.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Good: My wife makes extra money selling our & any junk she can find. It's her hobby.

Evil: She spends way to much time doing it. She's a freakin' addict at best.

I've bought some items, all good so far.

·
Registered
325 Posts
There's a lot of evil lurking within the confines of eBay, however, I believe the good far out-weighs the evil.Bad - scammers, cheap knockoffs, anddeadbeat or unreasonable buyers.Recently, I bought an R1 fender that was never shipped. I got my money back via PayPal dispute.

My “Made in China” mirrors that I bought to replace a similar pair that was damaged after my bike was dropped were of extremely low quality.I sold a Yamaha floorboard rubber insert, new in packaging and I listed the specific part number and the part number of the floorboard as well. Then I received a neutral feedback, “part doesn’t fit” without receiving any communication prior. I would’ve been happy to work it out, but with no notice, I’m thinking he didn’t know how to install it.
Good – Get stuff cheap! The majority are smooth and easy transactions.I scored some new Yamaha billet Warrior parts that retail for $50-100 for 1¢. They even offered combined shipping, I did spend $10-20 on some of those, but I ended up getting about $300 in parts for $50.

I bought my Warrior and Suburban on eBay. I’m happy with both.

The Roadliner was found on eBay but purchased after the auction had ended.I bought a new center channel speaker the retailed for $150 for $45. I sold it for $85 after a year of use.

I bought some die-cast cars for $5 at a local auction and they sold for ~$30 each.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
All in all, I love Ebay. Have purchased a couple of items that turned out to be out of stock, and was refunded after a few emails.

Bought a vstar1100 custom a few yrs ago, and it showed up in perfect condition. If it's something big, it really pays to speak to the seller, and make sure you're dealing with someone with some integrity.

Where else can you find the kind of deals and get the backing that Ebay/Paypal offers?

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
I just checked and it looks like so far I've bought 68 items on ebay. I can recall only a couple of problems in all of my transactions there. One time I paid a guy with Paypal for a set of exhaust pipes for my Warrior but he just wouldn't send them to me. He ignored all of my emails asking for status, and all of my emails that threatened I'd have the charges reversed. I finally contacted Paypal and they very quickly refunded my money. The seller took the time to contact me then, acting all hurt and confused as to why I did that even though it had been about THREE WEEKS since I'd paid him and he still hadn't shipped the pipes to me. Very recently I bought a baseball cap on ebay and the guy "accidentally" tried to charge me $600 for shipping. I like ebay overall. Just bought a Levi's denim jacket on there yesterday.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Feedback. There's hundreds of good and bad stories, but it all comes down to feedback. My mo is to ship out the day after I get the money, and to send a tracking number. If I'm waiting on parts, I'll go 8 days from the end of auction and send an email asking for shipping info if I haven't received anything.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have had a few company's that seemed to take forever to ship but all in all over the course of 30 or so purchases have had nothing but positive experience

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I've had mostly good experiences with e-bay, I have mostly good experiences with everything. Some people want to change the shipping price by a factor of ten or so after the auction is over but I doubt it's on purpose. I seel stuff for roughlt a third of the price anybody else does (which won't be happening much longer) and still get people trying to get a 50% discount on that. Can't blame them for trying thoug. All in all, I'm glad E-bay exists.

·
Administrator
29,700 Posts

I've done well but I've learned that I don't care if I "win" a bid what I care about is that the price plus delivery total is significantly less than buying the item at a store or at an on-line retailer that I trust. So I do my shopping first, fix a price target I'm not willing to go past, and then either shop the buy-it-now items or bid (or both). I usually type-inan auto-bid amount below my target, and then update it to my target price if needed. I lose a lot of bids, but I also see that the price the winner paid is often higher than retail when you consider delivery costs. Plus I assume thatwarranty is more difficult when bought at auction. The purpose of a bid is to drive the price up, not down, sowinning isn't always a good thing IMO.

Is ebay evil? I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I think ebay provides a market and each of us can shop the market however we choose. One way is to send a message to the buy-it-now-priced retailer and ask for a price break. You'd be surprised how often they say yes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts