RS Warrior Forum banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wanted to say guys that this thread is awesome and I plan on doing a ECU bump after I get my Bub slip-on and check the plugs after a ride. I especially like the bit for adding a switch for 'adjust mode', that's pretty slick. I'm not sure if I'm going to do that though. All the info is great and really appreciated guys!

·
Registered
21 Posts
God! i love my bike xD

THIS IS AWESOME, THANX

·
Registered
21 Posts
fixed a 3 pin switcher for easy access! ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Switch looks good, but you'll want a toggle switch safety cover on that . . .
thanx mate, there is enough space between the switch and seat :)
i was planing to fix it somewhere out near the seat for easy access but changed my mind, some kid might play with it you know! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Night and Day

OMG - Did this today (after cleaning frenzey once i got out there), runs soooo much better now! Like a totally different bike.

CO-1 was @ -3 & CO-2 was @ -5, all kind of poping going on, backfires nasty stuff, not including the fact my gas mileage was bad.

Adjusted to -5 & -5, smooth as can be now. Just need to take it on a ride tomorrow see what the plugs look like after & install toggle (bought the wrong one today).

Happy camper now - Thanks !!

·
Administrator
29,447 Posts
I'm interested in your ride report because most everyone suggests maintaining the stock 'spread' between CO1 and CO2. For example, the recommendation would be to bump to -5 and -7 to maintain the (in your case) two-point-spread. Reportely even Yamaha's technician training suggests it. The fact yours is running smoother than before means a lot of ears are perking-up right now, waiting for the on-the-road results in warm weather!

OMG - Did this today (after cleaning frenzey once i got out there), runs soooo much better now! Like a totally different bike.

CO-1 was @ -3 & CO-2 was @ -5, all kind of poping going on, backfires nasty stuff, not including the fact my gas mileage was bad.

Adjusted to -5 & -5, smooth as can be now. Just need to take it on a ride tomorrow see what the plugs look like after & install toggle (bought the wrong one today).

Happy camper now - Thanks !!

·
Registered
715 Posts
6 amp on/on to ground micro switch that i added on a bent up leftover bracket from the air cleaner delete to make updates easy.

Settled on +3 from stock for both holes for now.

(Update) After adding a BTK Pro Pipe and a bunch of testing I am running 0 for both with great results.

Low speed cruising & acceleration, idle to 1500 up much improved.

Thanks to all who continue to contribute to this 4m...

·
Super Moderator
7,125 Posts
I know this is a old thread,but after looking over all this ecu bump stuff.Exactly how long can u ride ur bike with a ecu bump for?I ask cause I check mine bike n did not see any trace of the ecu bump done.Some info on bike its 06 all stock except for hardkhrome exhaust.I tried to pull a spark plug to check it,but did not have the right tool.Until I checked the tool pouch that came with it.So tomorrow i'll b pulling one off to see how it looks. Thanks n sorry for winded post.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
29,447 Posts
If the ECU bump can meet the needs of the mods you have then there's no time limit, to quote Ozzie 'a good tune is a good tune' okay wrong definition of 'tune' but same applies.

With stock intake and aftermarket exhaust its possible you don't need to re-tune. But with those 2-2 hard chrome pipes my guess is you'll need a bit of air:fuel adjustment. You'll know when you check the plugs. If you use the ECU bump then write down the original settings and don't ever ever lose them you might need to go back. Or if you plan to mod the intakes or do other motor mods then get a Cobra PowrPro CVT auto-tuner (92-1772AT or newer revision if any) and call it a day.

·
Administrator
29,447 Posts
IMO that plug looks nearly perfect I would not sweat it. There is a bit of excess carbon on the electrodes but that can vary with the most recent riding (stop and go versus open-road) so I would not even sweat that. I am guessing it seems to run good or you would have said something. Plus the threaded section doesn't display any over-heating signature. Ride on buddy.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts