·
Registered
8,277 Posts
Its lean.

Set both CO's to +3.

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Doing the ECU adjust right now, she's been running lean since I cut my pipes off, still in the process of plug checking, just wondering if any you guy's started out with the number I had. the front was set a -6 and the rear was at -2 so far I'm at 0 on front and +1 on rear waiting for cool down to check what that does

·
Registered
334 Posts
Doing the ECU adjust right now, she's been running lean since I cut my pipes off, still in the process of plug checking, just wondering if any you guy's started out with the number I had. the front was set a -6 and the rear was at -2 so far I'm at 0 on front and +1 on rear waiting for cool down to check what that does
Mine was set at -4 on front and rear. Now both are at set at 0. Havent done plug check though.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
the rear pots run hotter than the front [airflow] and guys thought that's why the 2 points difference between front and back was most usual on readings posted

i'd have to go back and see my notes which i'm not handy to

one thing i did notice [posts a year or 2 back now] that guys like gav turned the numbers right up to 50 to see what happened...and the answer was not much...the numbers have to move up and down quite a lot to cause a difference...

but running at stock numbers which were around zero to -6 seems ok -with the noticeable difference between front and back being 2 units

the 27 /29 mod did seem to die away.....i can't remember if it affects just idle or the whole range was ever decided...but it was cool to be able to see the co numbers come up

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey 60ftgap my numbers were co1: -6 and co2: -7 when I first checked. Got it used and wires for ecu bump were not cut. It had big shots with no baffles and ran perfectly fine with very little backfiring during decel. I did a custom VBAK and AIS block and still have LCV. After those mods I ended up with co1: -1 and co2: -3 as my favorite "tune". Tried going richer and I got poor performance and lots of backfiring. Runs great. MPG went up. Just throwing that out for comparison purposes for you.

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
  • Steven my stock '04' numbers were:
    • Co:01 = -2 Rear Cyl
    • Co:02 = -1 Front Cyl
Hey 60ftgap my numbers were co1: -6 and co2: -7 when I first checked. Got it used and wires for ecu bump were not cut. It had big shots with no baffles and ran perfectly fine with very little backfiring during decel. I did a custom VBAK and AIS block and still have LCV. After those mods I ended up with co1: -1 and co2: -3 as my favorite "tune". Tried going richer and I got poor performance and lots of backfiring. Runs great. MPG went up. Just throwing that out for comparison purposes for you.
DarkRaptor .... FYI it's not necessary to compromise (Cut 27/29) the Factory jumper to adjust the ECU though i suspect your #'s are stock!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Mine were CO1: -3 and CO2: -4

Finished to tune at CO1: +2 CO2: +6

The front one runs leaner, don't know why

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
I'm up to +4 on front and+2 on rear so far finally getting some color, hate to say it but just wasn't paying attention when I shortened up my pipes. it was so lean it actually burned the porcelain around the electrode:eek: I was under the assumption the cobra autotune was taking care of that. but after reading up on it some, seems it only adjusts when you are putting gas to it, so your riding on the ECU when cruising or idling and that's a fact cause filter pods and short pipes is lean as helll.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yeah I am truly guessing my numbers are stock. I figured the factory could adjust it somehow but I don't see why anyone would go through the effort of pulling the pin out of the connector when you have to do multiple adjustments. But to each his own right? :) I guess some people don't like the idea of cutting wires if it isn't needed.

·
Super Moderator
7,125 Posts
Question I have how long can u keep riding ur bike when it's running lean?and will riding ur bike will it's lean does it harm or damage anything? I plan on getting a cobra auto tuner real soon.So do I have to still do the ecu bump anyway? Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
334 Posts
Question I have how long can u keep riding ur bike when it's running lean?and will riding ur bike will it's lean does it harm or damage anything? I plan on getting a cobra auto tuner real soon.So do I have to still do the ecu bump anyway? Thanks

I still did a bump on mine. Still has offline hesitation with the cobra autotuner but nothing crazy. It might be the autotuner doing its job when going from idle to accelerating. It definitely runs cooler now when idling and less popping on decel.

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
So 60ftgap even with the auto cobra u still have to ecu bump,cause it's still lean.

Sure did, Cobra only works when your twisting the throttle, when your crusing you're running on stock ECU. I got BAK and shorty pipes hc pistons and it was lean lean lean:( too lean and the motor will meltdown seize rings, burn holes in pistons all kinds of nasty stuff. I was fine, good color till I cut pipes off.

·
Super Moderator
7,125 Posts
Whats the rule after doing the bump.I took her out on a 70ish mile ride after doing it do I check the plugs ?or do I put some more miles on the bike n than check plugs?I was nervous about doing this,but man this was so freaking ez.

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Whats the rule after doing the bump.I took her out on a 70ish mile ride after doing it do I check the plugs ?or do I put some more miles on the bike n than check plugs?I was nervous about doing this,but man this was so freaking ez.

Good 10 mile ride at 65 with no or very little drop in rpm, only good way is to chop throttle from 65 and hit kill switch and coast home, let it cool, check plugs for a tan brown electrode.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
Did you add 3 to whatever it was set at or did you set it to 3 as advised?

81 - 100 of 120 Posts