RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys seem to hold a lot of good advice, so I'll ask for some. Late spring I installed a vance and hines propipe on my 02 warrior. With the factory head pipes off the front exhaust port was nearly white. The rear exhaust port was black. I have ridden approx 1000 miles with the propipe. Today I replaced the plugs and was going to set the ecu, but didn't. The rear cylinder plug was black with a hint of tan on the insulator. The front cylinder plug was all black. Should I run this thing a few miles then check the new plugs or should I go ahead and turn the ecu back 1 on the rear and 2 points on the front.

BTW is the rubber and foam piece under the tank only a silencer for the airbox. I know after the bak some of you have this piece cannot be used. Just curious.

Subject line edited to reflect question. JP

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i would clean the plugs, then run them and recheck them, then determine what condition your mixture is in. Far as the foam piece, it is in a box of extra parts next to my bike, got tired of putting it back in everytime I pulled the tank.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the plugs with new ones. I thought I would run them a few miles then recheck. Just wondering if others thought the same. As for the rubber and foam piece, I left it out also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts