RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Also if you want to check your plugs to see how it is running at WOT you need to go thru the gears at WOT and turn off the motor immediately, pull over and pull some plugs to get a real reading.

·
Premium Member
8,869 Posts
You'll want to add an Inlet Filter for the LCV (linear control valve).
Top RH corner @ Neck is the Inlet Hose (LCV) that formally connected to the Factory Air Box. You're currently bringing in unfiltered air to the T/B's when the engine is cold :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Today co1=39 and co2=36 and she is still running great. Soon when the pandemic is over I'm going to take her to the dyno and get a video of all the numbers for you guys for extra research proof.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
A question for anyone following this...what are the co's for the average ecu bump. I've personally never read where anyone has bumped to these high numbers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The higher the number is richer and the smaller is leaner. Some start at co1=-3 co2=1 and whatever else they might be set to for a specific bike... and I've just been noticing that it effects the whole map unlike what we have all thought for years.. I will keep posting updates too with whatever pics yall want.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
I guess the two cents I'm throwing into this conversation is. Tuning is a mixture of adding and subtracting fuel throughout the rpm range. Bumping the ecu to stellar numbers will definitely give you more power but to gain full optimal performance you'll never get that by only bumping the ecu. If it works for you that's great but you'll never reach the same performance level that a tuned fuel programmer will achieve. Not trying to discourage you by any means it's great seeing new members researching some of these early pioneering mods.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
We shall see when I get it to the dyno.so far its performing better than when the dealer sold it to me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The thing is, everyone from all of history except one or two have said and believe that the ecu bump is only good for idle or just above idle and I am proving that is false I ha e a 2008 warrior that I took from stock to naked and dragged out and just the ecu bump is making it running perfectly fine. I'm just waiting g for this pandemic hone hold to be lifted so I can get some numbers from a dyno for proof and so all this can be finally out in the open for all of us that tune our engines like nerds :)

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
I bet its way better, Thinking out loud here I wonder what ivan's performance (ecu reflasher) would have to say about ECU bumping. If anyone would have the knowledge to answer the question of if bumping effects the entire rpm range he probably would.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
These questions are exactly why I'm doing this... hopefully I wont have to wait too much longer for an open dyno in my area

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
I'm planning on flashing my ecu somewhere in the near future, but now i'm curious as to what ivan does with the co numbers when he flashes. I've been trying to find the original thread from when ivan was still developing the flash... if anyone could link it i'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I bet he puts them to stock... if you dont it messes up the tunes on fuel tuners from others exp... in excited to find more results for sure and more input from ivan would be great, though either way ik field testing daily

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought my 2008 yamaha warrior xv1700pc around 2 months ago and when I bought it I noticed that it had the modification to the ecu for bumping it to a higher air fuel mixture amount. I began to research as this mod seemed to good to be true.... everything I have found online says that the bump only affects idle or just off idle... even the yamaha manufacturers say so. I purchased my power commander 5 shortly after because I thought I'd better have it so I can tune it for the mods I had planned. Currently I run vance and hines big radius pipes with stock loud baffles and cones filters straight to the throttle body... I messed with the ecu bump slightly but I didnt think it was worth my time because of all the negative it surrounding it... about 2 weeks ago I found a small thread mentioning churchkey and him saying that if you bump up the ecu 35 points per cylinder and then check your plugs you will see that it does in fact affect the entire map at all rpms... finding this thread I set my power commander to all zeros and reset my throttle position sensor to what it was before I installed it.. after 1 week I removed the power commander and this is week 2 or 1 week without the power commander at all and the bike runs really well so long as I set the ecu bump correctly and resync my throttle bodies. When I bought the bike my ecu was set to CO1=4 and CO2=2...but now that I have mods installed and such I have CO1=20 and CO2=17 and I resynced the throttle bodies and this puppy runs like a raped ape... I apologise of others have already found this conclusion but I couldn't find enough info about it so decided to post about it... the ECU bump is way way more than a bump and I am going to continue to mess with it as my cylinder cut off seems to have been gone away with as well now... any questions from others I will answer to the best of my knowledge but I credit Churchkey for the original thread and wherever the person he told got the info from him at..thanks guys and thanks churchkey! My fellow warrior lovers I hope this helps with something as it helped me get rid of my power commander and my bike is like new again with whatever mods I want.

Hey, if you want to sell your PC5 - let me know please.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
It might feel better but you "butt" dyno might need to be calibrated. I can not imagine dumping a ton of fuel on the top end and gaining a.bunch of power. Usually you wanna start leaning out towards the top end.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts