RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have a quickm question. A little while back i did a DIY BAK and AIS block, At that time i bumped the ECU up 2 points each cylinder. Now I am adding a PCIII do i need to bump the ECU back to the orginal settings?

Thanks

·
Vendor
943 Posts
The answer to your question will depend on the map you use in your pc3. I can confirm though my own testing bumping the ecu up or down after you have your pc3 installed will have the same effect as if you did not have the pc3. I had sampsons on my warrior when I got it but was bone stock besides that. Most likely the stealership bumped the ecu. I am not running a custom map. I played around with bumping the ecu around and checking plugs and ended up leaving it at the settings I started with. I would highly recommend getting a custom map with your pc3 then you do not have to worry about the ecu if it is bumped or not.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Suggest setting the ECU to base line 0 (zero) & 0 (zero) when using a PC3 & make fuel adjustments with the PC3.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I also elaborated on that bump with no remarkable change except on the lower range (vicinity idle). Checked the sparks with no results: Still lean.
This ECU-bump-business is a myth: Busted!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
phat-azz said:
I also elaborated on that bump with no remarkable change except on the lower range (vicinity idle). Checked the sparks with no results: Still lean. This ECU-bump-business is a myth: Busted!

Not a myth.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
There is a simple test to prove out weather or not an ecu adjustment is for idle only or effects the fuel mixture all the way through the rpm range.

Adjust the CO for both cylinders to +25 or better & take the bike for a ride. Unless your running shorty straights the plugs will soot up quickly.

·
Registered
228 Posts
When my Warrior was "trying" to be tuned with ECU bumping it ONLY affected the idle. We went with a +50 bump and it was way rich (off the scale)on a A/F monitor on a dyno, as soon as we put throttle to it it leaned out to the same vaules (also off the scale, scary seeing the bike run that lean)we had when there was zero ECU bump. Maybe it was my set of pipes but I don't believe so. I was with the tuner in the dyno booth doing and confirming the ECU bumps so I know this is true.

·
Registered
232 Posts
sacul19 said:
When my Warrior was "trying" to be tuned with ECU bumping it ONLY affected the idle. We went with a +50 bump and it was way rich (off the scale)on a A/F monitor on a dyno, as soon as we put throttle to it it leaned out to the same vaules (also off the scale, scary seeing the bike run that lean)we had when there was zero ECU bump. Maybe it was my set of pipes but I don't believe so. I was with the tuner in the dyno booth doing and confirming the ECU bumps so I know this is true.

Thanks, Mate. I was just waiting for that: Another one bites the dust.Anyway, you are not alone with this. Check this out and have fun: http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/122536.aspx

You have proven what Yamaha confirmed together with 3 other certified Yamaha dealers. However, there are still a number of people making the bold claim that this worksthroughout the entire rpm range: Competency againstartefact? LOL!!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I did the ECU bump but I'm not going to argue on does if itreally works.... I will just state my experience with it and the outcome. Take from it what you want.

I removed the stock muffler and at the same time checked my plugs. Looked ok... a tad lean if I had to go one way or another. Seeing that I was now going to run an open header only.... I bumped up +6 on both cylinders. I rode to town and back (Wyoming doesn't have a thing between towns. Just open road and a 40 mile ride one way). So after 80 miles of open riding, I checked the plugs and it was clear it was running rich
. I'm now at +3. Oh and this is with factory air intake.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
Hey how are you Jack, glad you escaped the fires brother!

Hello Mike! Ipreferthe open water! That's why.

And you?Still trying to change the subject, hey
? Don't worry, I wont start another firefight LOL. Once said is once done. That's enough!

But still can't supress this: The ECU bump is a joke!

Why is nobody over there not asking the same thing toa competent Yamaha dealer? Why?

Here start with this http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/dealers/dealerhome/home.aspx

Common Mike, why don't you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts