RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,435 Posts
Looking for an ECU an Ivan’s flashed if available.
Just a heads up that the flash will need to be specific to your mods. Good luck with your search!

·
Premium Member
8,995 Posts
@Kong47 ... This might be of interest 🤔
Black sunshine .... "Er-1" is 'A' typical of a blown ignition fuse and not a rare occurence at all. It is also accompanied by a steady Engine warning light on the Speedo during Key-ON :)

I don't know what your skill level is in electrical troubleshooting but a simple logical test to isolate the handlebar wiring to the kill sw can be done very simply by removing the frt headlamp only.
With Key-Off all you'll need do is unplug the 6-Pin Hitachi connector to the RH switch box housing.

You'll also need a good 10 Amp Fuse that you will sacrifice if the short isn't in the handlebar wiring which will be apparent when you Key-ON!
  • Model years '02-03' the connector is Black
  • Model years '04' & > the connector is Red as shown in the enclosed jpeg
Added: If the fuse didn't blow, now With Key-OFF you'll need an Ohm meter or equiv to check the switch box housing side wiring in the 6-pin connector to Ground. The wires you'll want to check are the following:
  • Red/Black > Black/Red in Main Harness
  • Red/White
If either of these wires go to Ground that's the short in the bar

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,435 Posts
@Kong47 ... This might be of interest 🤔
Alan, I sure hope you don’t go anywhere! We’ve already “lost” Mike (arizonawarrior) and time after time, your breadth of knowledge on these bikes just astounds me. Thank you for your continued contributions! They are a true value!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts