RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
28,807 Posts
Any update, and did you re-install the PC3 fuel manager and get a thermometer of some sort?

This is important because you really risk over-lean conditions with the propipe, it really flows.

BTW did you happen to look into the ECU BUMP and while reading about that configuration did you notice any signs that your original ECU was bumped prior? Also, when swapping-in a used ECU keep in mind that it might have been bumped prior, too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I did reinstall the PC3, runs good. I never got a thermometer to check, but like I said before it was hot. Hot like the the rectifier on some of my old bikes. Definitely not normal.

·
Administrator
28,807 Posts
Ok. Just hoping for confirming insight as to why. It seems like if the bike is back to exactly its condition as before, and the only change in effect is the ECU, then something is wrong inside the original ECU.

That would be interesting to look into.

Plus it seems risky and awkward to use that as a spare when it could do more damage.

If you get to a point where you believe the ecu is a brick, please consider letting me have it for mailing cost and I will set-up a 5v bench test to see which circuit is over-heating it. Then maybe cut it open since its a brick anyway.

Or you might send it out for testing but its not a common ecu so not too many repair shops know them.

I thought about Ivan too, but it seems likely that all he could do is read the parameters and compare to stock and send you a bill.

From everything you have posted, this heat trouble seems likely a physical damage issue so it seems Ivan could not help.

You are hands-on with this and have reached a valid repair so its all good. Your insight would be interesting to me. What are your thoughts?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts