RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
The Editing Function is Not Working soI have to add any extra links or answers into additional posts rather than trying to keep it all together in one spot. Will this function be turned back on soon?
You need to respond to the "Edit Notes" Dialog Box with any character before clicking the Post button

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Alan, is this something new? I too had editing issues yesterday! I did not have to do anything special before other that click on "edit" then change what ever and click on "post".

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Good catch Alan. It must be a new glitch because edit used to work fine without filling those in. I thought it was just some temporary problem or one not everyone was having. I've also seen something similar with posting pictures before where if you don't put at least something in the image description it wouldn't insert.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
+one - i had editing problems yesterday and got left saying something i wished i could have edited 'cause i looked silly on atv's [ok nothing new there] thanks alanH.... and hiya AZ and MP good stuff

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
Marco Polo said:
Good catch Alan. It must be a new glitch because edit used to work fine without filling those in. I thought it was just some temporary problem or one not everyone was having. I've also seen something similar with posting pictures before where if you don't put at least something in the image description it wouldn't insert.
Marco Polo .... my experience with hosting jpeg's from Flickris that you must Tab or Drop into the Image Description for the Dimensions to appear. I then change the photo size to 740 x 555 for my native format
where 740 is the widest width visible with the new forum format.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I've never had the problem of the dimensions not coming up but that sounds like it could very likely be related to the other.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Glad to know this, for as long as I can remember the editing notes weren't blank. It's really rare that I don't go back and tone down my comments (if you can believe that) and today I couldn't. Glad I caught this thread before I pissed off somebody by accident (as opposed to doing it on purpose
)

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Edit Notes are now required. The software should have pointed this out, but apparently it does not.

While this may be a pain in the neck, it will help keep track of changes to posts, which is useful for moderators.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts