RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This needs to be released.
We should not have a time limit to edit Our posts nor have an editing limit on how many times to edit.
We shouldn't have to ask for assistance from a mod/admin.
People edit their sales posts when they sell parts, add prices or add info ect and now they have to ask for help to do so if after 24 hours.(Permission)
People edit their posts most of the time days after to add info, pictures ect
I wanted to add info to my posts and have to ask for assistance now. Really? We don't have time for this.

I'm getting messages on how to change and edit posts here from guys on Facebook and I can't help them from this New forum format. Your losing members from difficulty.
As said, this needed to be changed and we should be able to edit as needed and wanted without contacting anyone.

Please change this.

Here -

and here

·
Administrator
28,166 Posts
First, I will start working on discovering how to 'approve' members for editing.

Then I will communicate to the forum why this is another constraint that will chase-away forum growth and the follow-on that forum hit-numbers will fall.

We all need to edit on-the-fly to avoid confusion and also to accomodate very technical info that we have to research in steps and stages.

I need time

·
Registered
653 Posts
I very much agree to rij1 's complaint .. this editing limit is total BS .. I recently listed a couple of parts for sale ( of the many I plan to list) and not being able to edit the listing is very frustrating . we should be able to update our original post at anytime to let members know a part is sold ,price has changed ,found a problem with it, etc ,etc, etc..(without them needing to read every post ) not to mention all the tech info often edited for the benefit of all our members here .... I will probably hold off on listing anymore items till this issue is resolved or just list on a different venue ..

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
This whole thing just $ucks.
Not much of computer genius or computer savvy, but this whole new setup makes it just that much difficult to follow or just SIMPLY understand....

And I also Agree with Rudy..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update for where we are.

Okay so where it says ask for mods or admim help to edit after 24 hrs, its muddy how that works so if you need help to edit then please send PM to 'Admin' not to me.

I let them know I am sorry for my requests for clarity, but I'm not paid to be here and its their sandbox.
You shouldn't have to deal with this.
It's the forum admins or designers.

You have done and do plenty.
Thank you for that.

Btw, my last posting about the oil filters I had to edit about 4-5 times to add content and info.
It's a bummer as per the rules I only have like 5 more edits in posts this week lol.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
You shouldn't have to deal with this.
It's the forum admins or designers.
You have done and do plenty.
Thank you for that.
Btw, my last posting about the oil filters I had to edit about 4-5 times to add content and info.
It's a bummer as per the rules I only have like 5 more edits in posts this week lol.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)
I made the mistake early on when VerticalScope introduced the new platform to correct some of the lost links in my Early '101' threads and was locked out and still am :mad: :(
IMHO the loss of intellectual content is sad … oh well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts