RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to start out by saying thanks to everyone that has answered my questions so far! I have joined and used other group sites, and this by far is the best! I havegained alot of knowledge in very short period of time, and that isnot normal for me! lol.

But now to my next question. I weigh 220, gf weighs 130, I am installing Rams adjustable linkage, and want to install an Eibachs spring at same time.I am going to raise my bike up a 1/2" infront and rear, and hopefully this will solve bottoming out and rubbing problems. It sounds like most people are using the 1000lb spring. Will this be ok for me? And if so is part # 0700.225.1000? I called Ground control suspension, and he asked me to double check with you guys on site.

Thanks again,

Ed

·
Registered
394 Posts
i think the part # is 0700.225.0400, i'm about 90% sure of it. somebody will probably confirm shortly. My bike is lowered and I weigh about 260 and dont have a problem with it bottoming out with that spring.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the last set of #'s is the spring rate? So the same spring in a 1100lb rating would be 0700.225.1100? Not sure though, thats why I am asking.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ed, you have the correct part number. I just checked the box that mine came in.

Here's the breakdown: Part# 0700.225.1000 (Free Lenght: 700.00 Inside Dia: 225.00 Rate: 1000 lbs/in)

I lowered my bike and was bottoming out unit I replaced the spring with this one.

Cheers,

YoungWarrior

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks. Do you have a rider much? Just trying to figure out what rate spring I should go with?

Ed

·
Administrator
29,683 Posts
YoungWarrior is correct
part# 0700.225.1000 Eibach and Ground Control is the best source. When you get it be sure the part# is correct (printed on the spring itself) because Eibach sometimes used to ship1100# spring and that IMO is too stiff.

Here's some install data from Popular Mods:

Suspension - Spring - Rear - Eibach 1000: http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/29316.aspx

Go for it! BTW GOOD JOB YOUNGWARRIOR

YoungWarrior said:
Ed, you have the correct part number. I just checked the box that mine came in.

Here's the breakdown: Part# 0700.225.1000 (Free Lenght: 700.00 Inside Dia: 225.00 Rate: 1000 lbs/in)

I lowered my bike and was bottoming out unit I replaced the spring with this one.

Cheers,

YoungWarrior

1 - 6 of 6 Posts