RS Warrior Forum banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Oh no! I was offline for some time and now i read this. I can't believe it.
It was an honor for my wife and me to have met him this march during our trip to florida.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Absolutely tragic. Just reading all the posts rom those who were lucky enough to know him is quite moving.

Somehow my condolences and best sentiments dont feel like they add up to much when you read all the great things about this man. However, love peace and best wishes to his family, and long live Glenn's memory.

Alex.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
quote:Originally posted by DeWarrior

My wife told me last night after the kids where in bed. Shawn had called earlier before I had gotten home from work. I just sat there on the couch trying to absorb it, with that tightness in my chest that I get when confronted with tragic news. I hate that feeling. After some time I spoke with Shawn on the phone for a few minutes. It's difficult for me to talk when I am so sad, so I didn't say much. A little later I decided to toast Glenn with a beer. As the night went on I was able to stop thinking about Glenn's death and even laugh with my wife about something stupid on the tv show that we were watching. But, eventually, I had to go to bed. I had been dreading going to bed, and for good reason. Laying there hoping for sleep to come. My mind unable to stop going over and over the news of Glenn's death. Concocting fantasies about how his death could have, SHOULD HAVE, been avoided. Interspersed with remembrances of all the times I had spent with him. Track days at Jennings GP and Daytona International. Sitting at a table at the Sly Fox with other friends while Glenn and I challenged each other to ever more difficult ways to flip a stack of coasters off the edge of the table and catch them. Arguing over our current understanding of the nature of light, or what "trail braking" is. Sitting up playing poker and drinking beer while everyone else has packed it in. Bittersweet memories. Glenn always offered help, as naturally as breathing, and never seemed to expect anything in return. He was funny as S$%^. He was always up for a challenge. He was a **** good person. I am having trouble with the fact that he is gone. I always looked forward to seeing him. He just some how brought something, verve, energy, fun, something, with him all the time. I miss him. I am going to miss him for a long long time. I hate this feeling. This is not right. We should be able to do better than this. Life is hard. We can not escape sorrow.

My most sincere condolences to all who are feeling the pain of this, most especially to his family.

I was doing the same thing on Monday night. I laid in bed for 2 hours before I could fall asleep. Everytime I closed my eyes all I could see was how I thought it happened. Then I would open my eyes and I would see him threatening to kick me in the taco (as he would say it) or the time he and Darrell were flipping the coasters and Darrell would one up him everytime (I think we sat there for 2 or 3 hours watching them do this).
I also remember how he would make a big deal about getting a picture of me on the grill during bikeweek and biketoberfest with a cigar in my hand. Then he would have to go around showing everyone saying "look at that big *******".
He would always be the one person that would always show up at bikenight to help me with our ABATE table.
One year we were headed to Bikeweek (me, Glenn, Biohazard, and 1Warrior) we stopped at a light and this guy pulled up beside us in an old truck. He asked us who make the Warrior? Glenn's reply was "we do". We laughed our asses off when we got to Shawn's.

Glenn this place will not be the same evr again. You will always be in my heart. I Love You, Breaux (bro).[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif][/emoticons/emotion-6.gif][/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Very sad.. I only knew him from this forum.. And loved hearing his drag racing stories..
His family will miss him greatly, but my condolences to you guys who were close with him as well. I can tell by your stories he was an AMAZING guy, and you LOVED him dearly.. My tears for his family and the biker world !

Kyle

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
To the Friends of Elviswarrior....The more I read this topic it really saddens me more to hear of your loss. Elvis sounded like a great guy, a great friend and a good soul to have known. Cherish the time and reflect upon the moments and laughter you all shared with Elvis. I am truly sorry of the pain you all are feeling due to the loss of a very dear friend. My Condolences to All of Elvis's Family and his Friends and to the folks on this Forum who are affected by this tragic loss of Elviswarrior.....

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
What a sad story...my condolences to Glenn's family, friends, and all the members here that got to know him. Sounds like he was a great guy. RIP Elviswarrior.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
rip. did not know the guy or ever talk to him. sorry to c it come out this way. my condolences and prayers to the family and friends.
all due respect here...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Friends of ElvisWarrior,

While only my second posting on rswarrior.com, and probably my final posting with you guys, I can't express how great it is to read the sentiments and well wishes from a fantastic group of riders. I ride dirt (Suzuki DRZ-400E) and I must say that your brother- (and sister-)hood of riders is something that you must all feel very fortunate about. You folks have shown compassion and spirit unmatched by anything I've ever seen and on behalf of the Breaux family...Thank you!

I would also like to express a special thanks to the great guys who have been by the side of Big Daddy and Wendy through this week helping with an impossible task. I constantly hear how wonderful and caring you all have been, your plans for the remainder of the week with tributes to Glen, and all of your efforts to assist Glen's girls into the future....When I get out to Jax in a few weeks, I'd like to shake your hands and buy you all a brew (or a few)! A tribute to a guy we were all touched by and who'll be part of us until our final hour.

Our Elvis is gone in body, but his spirit will live on for the rest of our lives. Remember the times and encounters with a fun-loving guy who lived a very successful life, raised two beautiful daughters, was cherished by so many, and who had one of the baddest potato guns I've ever had the pleasure of blasting! I know what I'm going to be building this weekend ... we'll have a spud- 10 gun salute in his honor (if you talk to Wendy before I do... tell her we'll be careful and won't be launching towards to neighbors [8D])

Thank you again from the 'Elvis' Breaux family and God Bless you all. Be safe out there and enjoy the ride!

Roger (in Colorado)

68.98KB[/img]

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Here's a shot of our lost friend at one of the many gatherings we had at my house. His smile was infectious and mischevious...

Insert Image:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Wow what a loss, Steve (snakeyezz) called me on Monday and I have not been able to shake it. I had the opportunity to meet Glen and spend some time with him and the JAX crew at Shawn's. My first impression was that he was a friend that I just met. He was incredibly animated and excited abut everything that was motorcycle. In addition he was a proud father who gave me some good advice about being a father and a guy with incredible depth who would have your back in all things. A moment that sticks with me was a when Steve, Glen and myself found ourselves in a bar on main street in Daytona during bike week. In the corner, a pretty S&M clad girl had set up a little whipping dungeon and was taking donations from patrons who wanted to be whipped. Something to do with charity and akin to a kissing booth except you get a playful whipping instead of kiss by a pretty girl. All in good fun of course. Once Glen spotted it, it was obvious he wanted to get whipped and flirt with the girl. He marched up to her, all bad assed, and plopped his money down, took a wrestlers stance and proclaimed to the pretty girl quite loudly." I want you to whip me REEEEEEL (insert southern drawl) good!!!! The little girl with the big whip flashed a mischievous smile that would momentarily be defined. He assumed the position in front of her and flashed me and Steve, who by now are laughing hysterically, a toothy grin. As Steve snaps a picture, the girl winds up and issues a 1 whip of monumental proportions. Its was like a fire cracker went off and suddenly the corner of the bar went silent. The whipping was over. Me and Steve suddenly became quite concerned and simultaneously muttered under our breath " O $hit." Instantly, Glenn's toothy smile went away and as he arched up, the new soft spoken Glen reported that .... ..."Ahh, that would be enough" and shuffled away. (You had to be there) One of the funniest things I had seen in my life. Despite my short time with him, his impression on me will last.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Holy crap! I didn't know him personally but this leaves a hole inside. Knowing he was a fellow mechanical engineer makes me extra sad somehow. Going to miss you man! RIP Elviswarrior! Prayers are on the way.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts