RS Warrior Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Wow I am totally overwhelmed by the news. I never met Glenn in person but we have been in contact through the forum on multiple occasions.

Glenn - RIP

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Andy,
That pic is bringing tears to my eyes. Remember when we were leaving and Glenn did a burnout on his R1? There was always this competition between us, known or not, that was playful and energetic. Knowing that, after he did his burnout on the R1 I just had to trump him as he always was welcome to initiate a challange. Don't remember if I actually smoked him, but I think, once again, that he beat me.

We spent the day today going through his personal effects and aside from the fact that the was a closet Trekkie everything was what we expected of him. It was a hard day to go through. His 2 sisters are very affected by all this. His family seemed comforted by our presence and assistance.

As some of you may or may not know, Glenn was an air force vetran. While going through his personal effects I happened to find his dog tags. I was honored to be able to present them to his older sister Wendy. She was so overwhelmed that she broke down into tears. Of course I cried as well. We were able to retrive his Warrior from the impound today for the first time. It was pretty difficult rolling that bike into the trailer for the last time knowing it will be eventually be gone like our friend is.

We spent the evening here at Snakeyezzes house with members from the R1 site, the warrior site, and coworkers from the dealership he worked at. There was another personal friend of his present who knew him intimately and was grieveing as much as we were. We ate, drank, cried, shared personal stories. The evening was very comforting. It was so great hearing everyones impression of Glenn and realize they were all the same. Everyone had a lasting impression that was unique and special.

Andy,
The shirt you gave us in 2005 was hanging in Glenns closet. I felt out of respect for you I would try to have it displayed at his memorial service.
It's late and I have a long day coming up fast. With that, I bid you folks a good nite.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JPWARRIOR

Andy,
That pic is bringing tears to my eyes. Remember when we were leaving and Glenn did a burnout on his R1? There was always this competition between us, known or not, that was playful and energetic. Knowing that, after he did his burnout on the R1 I just had to trump him as he always was welcome to initiate a challenge. Don't remember if I actually smoked him, but I think, once again, that he beat me.
How can I forget Shawn, that's one night that will never leave me, all of you left a real lasting impression with me and my Bro-in-law, especially Glenn with his unique infectious humour and mischievous personality. Here's that Video once again with Glenn doing the first burnout:

http://media.putfile.com/Elvis--JPs-R1-Burnout---2005

quote: Originally posted by JPWARRIOR
Andy,
The shirt you gave us in 2005 was hanging in Glenn's closet. I felt out of respect for you I would try to have it displayed at his memorial service.
That's a very touching thought Shawn, thank you very much. (now you are bringing the tears to my eyes again). Although I had only met Glenn for the best part of one day, my experience and those of many others who have posted on here shows us the type of man that Glenn really was, the kind of guy who was full of life, fun and humour, good hearted and extremely generous with everyone that he met.

I read the 20 odd pages of posts on the R1 Forum the other night and once again it filled my eyes while reading about all of the other fun times and experiences that people have had with him. He was clearly respected by many many people and is a great example to us all. He will be dearly missed.

On behalf of all of us that cannot be at the Memorial Service Shawn, I would like to offer our thanks to you personally for all that you have done for Glenn and his family and for representing us in giving Glenn a fitting farewell. I know how very close you were and I know the pain that you and many others are feeling right now. Remember the good times and celebrate what a great man he was. Ride safe.

Andy

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
It is the difficult times such as this which prove to me just how tight knit this forum is.

Shuan:
You, Steve and the rest of the crew are to be commended on your efforts to assist the family in this time of need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
From Big Daddy (Glen Breaux's Father)...

"A letter to all riders and club members. Thank you all so very much for the support and kindness. There are never enough words to express our gratitude for all of the nice messages and pictures you have posted about our son and brother, Glenn Patrick Breaux, aka Elviswarrior.

Helen & Ronald Breaux - Parents
Dennis Breaux - Brother
Wendy & Rog Gagnon - Sister and Brother-in-Law
Amy & Mack Gassan - Sister and Brother-in-Law
Brianna Mae & Leah Marie Breaux - Elviswarrior's Daughters"

·
Registered
348 Posts
Its late but for those still reading I have to share this thought. The first time I met Glenn was down in Gainesville, I met snakeeyes that day as well. From that meeting and a post I made in here about having difficulty putting on fork tube covers he offered to help me put them on. This guy I hardly knew spent three hours of his day off putting these covers on with me, wouldn't let me pay him a dime. It seemed that whenever we would run into each other something would be wrong with one of our bikes and we never got to ride together. One thing I can say for sure is that it was obvious that this was a guy who would gladly go to war for a friend and I only wish I would have gotten to know him better so that I could have shed some of the pain some of you are feeling.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I just got chance to log on after three weeks, what a sin and a sad sad loss!! I'll be having one for you tonight brother, I never met you, and by the sounds of it, that will alwayx be my loss!! Ride on forever fella!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
what a sad time. my heart and prayers go out to the family and friend. thats one of the people that SHOULDN'T be allowed to carry of own a gun. thats one that doesnt know judgement. i hope he gets his comings. sorry for the loss. you shall be missed and remembered by all.

Steve

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
So, do we know any more of the story yet? Are there going to be any charges brought on the other guy? Or do we even know?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey fellas. I haven't been here in a long time. just wanted to post up and say I miss you bro! I actually met Glen through the R1 Forum and we instantly had something in common because we both had warriors and R1s. Glen was one heck of guy. I am going to really miss you bro.

·
Registered
484 Posts
What a loss. Glenn was a great guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him in Indianapolis at the drags. I asked him for pointers on the green light launch he had down so well. He replied "The front end will come up a little but don't let up, Never Let Up" I will never forget him. Truly a hero. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts