RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this fairing lying around from some previous bike projects I had and decided to give it a go on my warrior. Not too bad at all. Had to redo my signals (previous owner had some baby leds connected to the headlight bucket. My little man gave me the nod of approval this morning so I guess it will stay a bit. Lol

The tinkering continues...

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hey that looks pretty good! Does it block any wind? Did it just fit without any modifications?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I appreciate that feedback.

It takes a bit off the chest and leaves clean air to the face (I wear a full face helmet with no buffeting at all), but not much more. You can definitely feel the clean pocket behind the fairing. The shield sits pretty low though. 70mph today felt better than it did yesterday.

As for modifications... Its a "universal" fairing so you have to tweak it to your liking. For me I trimmed the windshield a bit to avoid hitting my cables and reservoirs (it was like that from the previous bikes I had it on that had the same issue). It comes with some bolts, washers and two metal rigs that are meant to most likely connect to your headlight bucket. For me I straitened those out and mounted them to a pair of memphis shades fairing clamps I had laying around. Its not too difficult to work with though. and it's very sturdy as speed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just used one clamp per side. Drilled a couple of holes at the ends of the mounts closest to the bike and zip tied (temporary to test how it works) through the holes as a “just in case.” I may add another mounting point for reassurance later but I haven’t had any movement at all from it at speed. We shall see though. Only miles will tell. I don’t have any close ups yet but I can get some done and post a bit later.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some photos on the mounts so far. Nothing sexy but it’s works for now. I’ll keep test riding to see if I need to make anything else. 80+ today and still super stable. A little vibration in the shield but the fairing had no movement at all.

Im still going to add some u channel rubber to the windshield where it was cut to clean up the edge there. I’m also thinking of plasti dipping the mounts to “black it out.”

Lol looking at all the creative fabrication on this forum definitely makes me want to step my game up though.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,644 Posts
Here are some photos on the mounts so far. Nothing sexy but it’s works for now. I’ll keep test riding to see if I need to make anything else. 80+ today and still super stable. A little vibration in the shield but the fairing had no movement at all.

Im still going to add some u channel rubber to the windshield where it was cut to clean up the edge there. I’m also thinking of plasti dipping the mounts to “black it out.”

Lol looking at all the creative fabrication on this forum definitely makes me want to step my game up though.
Thanks. The pictures give me a clear idea of what you did. Yes I was going to suggest blacking out at least the aluminum bar that attaches to the mounts. That would render it practically invisible. You can sand the edge that you cut and then take a small artists paintbrush and coat the edge with a flat black paint. That will clean it up nicely

1 - 9 of 9 Posts