RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I spoke with a rep from Yamaha today March 25th. Lisa stated that the Manufacturer promised all Recall kit orders would be fulfilled by end of April.
I also Asked her how many bikes actually failed. She said "only a handfull". In addition to this she stated that the problem occured while downshifting into 2nd gear.
When I asked her to confirm that as long as I don't downshift into second it was ok to ride, she would not, and stated she didn't recommend I change my riding habits nor would she confirm it was safe to ride.

I asked her further if all the bikes that failed were they all downshifting into second? She couldn't confirm.
So here's the delima... Do you feel lucky? Personally I like the odds. out of 10's of thousands of bikes only a few failed.
(note: no deaths, just minor injuries- best wishes to those folks)

Now I'm [[NOT]] suggesting to anyone they should not have the recall done, nor that you take the chance and ride. I'm just saying if it's a beautiful day in mid April. I'll be riding. With a Helmet and leathers ofcoarse, but atleast I'll be riding!

PS. on another note... Thank god I purchased extended gold service from my dealer!!!

Your follow Warrior rider,
Kelly

·
Registered
889 Posts
Ya, I talked to them yesterday - told me that all kits would be delivered by end of april and that my repair depended on where I was in line at dealer. They said they would call dealer on my behalf and get me a time when my bike would be done. Said they would call me back or dealer would to let me know (nuthing yet).
Thing is, is it that all WARRIOR kits will be out by april or ALL kits. If its warrior I'm #6 if its all, I'm #46.
Got the We blah blah..best we can.. blah blah.. safety.. blah ..blah ..satisfaction -- etc etc . Ohhhhh I get it!!! you sold me a bike that I can't ride and still have to pay for but I can be satisfied in the fact that you are "trying". Looked hard at my sales contract --- dont see trying in there. So, I guess I paid for the bike and the "trying" is complementary. WOOOOO HOOO WE get free trying!!!

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
End of April promise. Yes but did they say which YEAR?

·
Registered
210 Posts
According to the documentation from the NHTSA web site most failures(e.g. transmission lockup) occured on or shortly after a 5th->4th downshift. This was as of August 20, 2003. The parts being replaced for the recall are also related to 3rd/4th gear. Who the heck knows how Yamaha CS came up with this 2nd gear story.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts