RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got the engine light ON all the time, I have run the test and every thing looks OK except the stand is always ON & the code 62 (history records) value is "1" (it should be "0")
I tray to delete the history (engine cut off switch ON/OFF) to see if the fault will repeat, but the history do not delete, then some thing is wrong.

Please I really need help soon as I'm going in holidays on a trip to Barcelona next Sunday, I don't like to have any trouble in the road as they are a lot of miles to do and I'm strangle now to find where the problem could be.

Alex :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Administrator
27,734 Posts
What do you mean the 'stand' is always on? I can understand that to mean a couple of things. Is there not a code '20' displaying?
Err Code 20: Sidestand switch Displays that the switch is ON or OFF. (When the gear is in a position other than neutral.)
Stand retracted: ON Stand extended: OFF

When the engine light is 'on' all the time I understand that to mean it is 'on' and does not 'blink' which means an error code will exist in history and the bike could be providing a substitute value so the bike will run until repaired.

Or does the engine light stay 'on' but 'blinking' all the time (in which case the motor will not start)? There should still be a fresh error code in history and possibly also on the gauge display.

When in DIAG and go to 62 to erase history, remember:
Erases only the history codes when the engine stop switch
is turned from OFF to ON. If the engine stop switch is ON,
turn it OFF once, and then turn it back ON.

I'm sure that, once things are clear, plenty of members will jump-in to assist. These things are most often something simple.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes engine light always ON not blinking not even when contact on before start, bike runs fine, not error code.
Sorry about the stand, forget about it, I didn't check property.
Code 20 says ON in neutral OFF extended (When in gear)
so is OK all the codes in DIAG are OK only the history code 62
= 1 & I can not deleted with the cut off switch ON/OFF.

·
Administrator
27,734 Posts
Probably what is happening is that you have some trouble with your bike and you delete the error code history using code 62 and it momentarily is empty. Then what ever trouble exists on your bikes makes the same error code regenerate and that re-populates the error code history. That means the Code 62 reading a value of '1' is correct. The error simply repeats every time.

I agree, disconnect the battery a few minutes and see what happens.

If the light remains steady-on then see the manual for how to look at what error codes are saved in history and see if, at that time, a code exists in error history.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I disconnect the battery, but engine light still on.
I don't know how to find the error code

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I check the DIAG codes, they are in the correct values.
I'm going to remove the tank & the filter box to check for loose connection.
I don't want to go to a Yamaha dealer, they going to charge me £2/300, even if it's a connection or some thing like it they'll say that there was an Injector, Sensor or some thing else.

BY the way thanks for the link, anyway I have that manual but , I don't find a manual for my Warrior 2005, all are 2002/3, I know there is all the same (almost) the fuse box is different & the waring too, I hope that the DIAG code are the same too.

I'll be very grateful if some body tell me where to download a manual for a Midnight Warrior PCT or PCTB (2005)

·
Administrator
27,734 Posts
At the link I provided is a copy of the manual that has the 2002 manual, the 2003 supplement, and the 2006 supplement. There is no separate manual for 2005 or any model year except 2002. The 2003 and 2006 supplements contain (a) newer-model-year-updates and (2) items that apply to all model years that were left out of the prior issue. For this reason I check all three before wrenching on my 2003.

Yep all ERR and DIAG codes are the same for all model years.

Does the bike start and run, or does if not start?

One of the possible reasons for an always-on check-engine light is the battery is underpowered (failing) and cannot supply enough juice to support the sensor array. The ECU cannot get data from the sensors so will not start.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At last after to be moving cables all aver, disconnect the battery etc, when conntact ON or stop the engine from the cut switch, the display clock give me a code (38) decompression solenoid,
So, I'll check Solenoid now to look for loose connections or broken cable.
I'll tell you what.

Thank you for the manuals info

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have check the decompression solenoid it looks OK anyway the bike star an running fine, I don't have time now to remove the battery box and probably the lower fuel tank as well to take the leads out and check the cables so, knowing that ERR code 38 is for the decompression solenoid, check DIAG 55 is OK too and the solenoid is OK I don't worry much and I'll go for my trip next Sunday to Barcelona like this. I hope no to get any problem.
when I'll came back I'll take it all out and look for the guilty of that 38 code I hope it will be not the ECU.
Thanks for your help guys and nice to chat with all of you

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I check all the connections, remove all cables around, I didn't take the solenoid lead out because you need to remove the battery box and the lower tank.
When at last it give me a 38 code in the clock display when I switch the contact ON, I check the memory ERR and DIAG 62 =3, then I delete the memory and the value change to DIAG 62=1, so the ERR still there. I check DIAG 55 (decompression solenoid) is OK and the solenoid is OK, the bike runs OK, I don't know what could be wrong.

·
Administrator
27,734 Posts
Sounds like you've read Chapter 6 from the very beginning to the very end and have tried each of those tests and found nothing. Odd. But if the bike starts and runs then possibly the bike is providing an alternate setting to offset the error, or possibly the error isn't going to do much except slightly limit performance. Or I wonder if the LCV has been removed. Anyway, hope your trip goes as planned and you have tons of fun!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What you mean: if the LCV has been removed, What is the LCV?

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Got a CEL 2 years after the LCV was removed figured I would address it when I got to the barn 300 miles away. No CEL after fueling restart = a glitch in the giddy-up.

·
Premium Member
8,390 Posts
I have my LCV removed and the plug with the wiring removed with no engine light coming on. I must have gotten lucky.:)
You didn't get lucky :>)

·
Administrator
27,734 Posts
My error. My bad.

I have my LCV removed and the plug with the wiring removed with no engine light coming on. I must have gotten lucky.:)
Got a CEL 2 years after the LCV was removed figured I would address it when I got to the barn 300 miles away. No CEL after fueling restart = a glitch in the giddy-up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts