RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine light comes on randomly when I start up my motorcycle. It doesn’t do it every time just about 1 out of every 6-7 start ups. The light only stays on for 5 seconds or less. I was riding home tonight and it was only a 5 minute ride and the light just kept coming on for 2-3 seconds and then would go off, and in random intervals would come back on which it has never done. I waited to see if any codes would pop up but nothing ever came up. The bike starts just fine and nothing seems wrong with it. Going on a road trip here in a week and a half but don’t want to risk taking it if something is wrong with it. Like I said no codes popped up ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope not blinking. It was randomly coming on. Can’t say an interval as they where completely random. Didn’t even flash back on for the last minute and a half of the ride.

·
Administrator
28,152 Posts
The only thing I am aware of that causes a solid unblinking warning light while riding is that an operational error occurred and the ECU is substituting a similar replacement charistic so you can keep going. It should have displayed error number(s) in the clock display at shutdown. Also they should be in history. Odd it's not there.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could it have something to do with the vacuum line? I have a VBAK and installed a hypercharger. Decided I didn’t want the hyper charger so when I went to put the little rubber cap back in the vacuum nipple it had a hole in it. I patched the hole with super glue and I’m thinking the patch job didn’t hold wel? This al started after I did all this.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do I need anything special for that. Or take it to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I did as instructed. Can’t find these numbers anywhere on the code list.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But the first thing that pops up is 17. I hope you can see everything clear enough.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Ok. That's the individual sensor check.(the second portion in that link)

Here the first portion

press & hold select and reset buttons while turning key on, continue to hold buttons for approximately 8 seconds

- diag appears in the clock area of the instrument panel*

- release buttons, press & hold select and reset buttons again for approximately 2 seconds*
- instrument panel will display:
Clock section: Di 01 (this is the 1st dianostic check)
odometer section: A number, usually 15-17 (this area shows the value of the sensor)

performing sensor checks*
( select button will scroll up, reset button will scroll down thru the checks )

Engine Codes:

11 - no signal received from cylinder identification sensor (cam position sensor)

12 - NO CRANK POSTION SIGNAL

13 - AIR INTAKE SENSOR #1 - OPEN/SHORT DETECTED

14 - INTAKE PRESSURE SENSOR #1 - PIPE CLOGGED OR THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR (TPS) STUCK

15 - TPS - OPEN/SHORT DETECTED

16 - STUCK TPS SENSOR

19 - SIDE STAND SWITCH - OPEN/SHORT DETECTED

20 - ATMOSPHERIC SENSOR VOLTAGE & AIR INTAKE PRESSURE SENSOR VOLTAGE DIFFER GREATLY

22 - AIR INTAKE TEMP SENSOR - OPEN/SHORT DETECTED

23 - ATMOSPHERIC SENSOR - OPEN/SHORT DETECTED

25 - AIR INTAKE PRESSURE SENSOR #2 - OPEN/SHORT DETECTED

26 - INTAKE PRESSURE SENSOR #2 - PIPE CLOGGED OR THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR (TPS) STUCK

27 - OIL TEMP SENSOR - OPEN/SHORT DETECTED

28 - ENGINE TEMP SENSOR - OPEN/SHORT DETECTED

29 - DECOMPRESSION SOLENIOD (THERMISTOR) - OPEN/SHORT DETECTED

30 - MOTORCYCLE HAS OVERTURNED

37 - FAULTY LINEAR CONTROL VALVE

38 - DECOMPRESSION SOLENOID - OPEN/SHORT DETECTED

41 - LEAN ANGLE CUT OFF SWITCH - OPEN/SHORT DETECTED

42 - NO NORMAL SIGNAL RECEIVED FROM SPEED SENSOR & OR NEUTRAL SWITCH OPEN/SHORTED

43 - ECU CAN NOT MONITOR BATTERY VOLTAGE - OPEN/SHORT DETECTED

50 - FAULTY ECU MEMORY

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I only followed the first portion like you just pasted. I did the 8 seconds with a pause then 2 seconds. Got the “17” once I did that.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
I only followed the first portion like you just pasted. I did the 8 seconds with a pause then 2 seconds. Got the “17” once I did that.

This is better. Then record any codes and compare to the listing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Just enter into the 'diag' and stop there. Don't press any buttons or it will take you to the sensor testing.

Stop at the area like this pic

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went on a 30 minute ride today and the light hasn’t come on yet. No clue what is causing it but it doesn’t happen all the time. See if it does it on the way home.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Went on a 30 minute ride today and the light hasn’t come on yet. No clue what is causing it but it doesn’t happen all the time. See if it does it on the way home.

It may be worth checking that cap you mentioned.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts